VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Translation Please......c&p Mumbo Jumbo!

Rate this question

Destia

Question

Hey Hadit family. It's been a while since I last posted but I have a few questions regarding my C&P for an increase 50% (PTSD/MST). I know that Hadit.com forum is the best place to get straight, honest answers. Well I just got a copy of my C&P and I don't understand a couple of notes the C&P Dr. wrote in my record.

Everything that I mentioned below is pertaining to the increase of the PTSD and was either checked off or iooiwritten just as described.

1.GAF score of 45-50 mean?

2. What does Total Occupational and Social Impairment mean?

3. The claimed condition was at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) incurred

in or caused by the claimed in -service, injury, event, or illness. Provide rationale in section C.

(section C) RATIONALE: It is least likely as not that the veteran is unemployable due to her PTSD. She has not been able to work since 2006. She is on a large amount of Quetiapine 300mg qhs, Bropropian SA 150mg po BID and 0.5mg of Clonazepam. She has significant psychiatric symptom due to her PTSD.

Can anyone tell me what this means regarding my increase? Does this look good? Does the Dr. Say that I am unemployable? I get lost when the Dr. Refers to least likely not. (What is this mumbo jumbo? II thank you all in advance!!! :)

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, my hubby was lowballed. We put in a reconsideration along with more eviedence and nexus letters stating his PTSD is causing him to be unemployable. Two are from VA doctors, Two from non-VA doctors. Plus I went line by line on the denial letter, pointing out the C&P dates (two) and page number and pointed out their error. I don't even think the rater read the C&P. His private theriphist did an update from the nexus letter from the one he wrote a year ago. I sent it to hubby's VSO Friday. I also plan to take it to his C&P this week. As some said earlier, Vets don't seem to want to 'tell all'. I agree and I think that is the way with anyone. Who wants to tell things to someone they just met? Hubby's therphist suggest the letter update. He knows that my hubby take a while to get to 'trust' someone before he 'shares'.

• HadIt.com Elder

You do not want a GAF too low as anything less than 40 may be setting you up for a Fudiciary and that is a disaster in the making.

In his inital C&P the examiner asked him if he paid the bills. He told him I took care of all the finances in our home as he would have a lot late payments and have the water and electrice turn off for non payment. The examiner asked him if he trusted me. He said he didn't trust me on everything but when it came to money, his health that he trusted me completely. I am not a spender. I hate shopping. At that time we lived on a little over 800 a month.. and I save money for the winter bills. He on the other hand likes to spend money, or used to...lol. He likes the idea of money in the now for emergencies. He was awarded 50% at that time with retro for 4 years. I don't think they will try setting up a Fudiciary. Besides I don't know how one would get a GAF higher than what the person does or says. He is what he is. When we decided to start a relationship, I insisted on some things as did he. One was no phyical abuse or I was gone.. He has came very very close to hitting me, but he never has crossed that line. He knew I was not a spender not long after we met.

• HadIt.com Elder
From what I have read here, Alleta, I see light at the end of the tunnel for you and your family. I hope it arrives in a timely manner.
My most positive thoughts are with you and your husband.
Cmdr. Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

In his initial C&P the examiner asked him if he paid the bills. He told him I took care of all the finances in our home as he would have a lot late payments and have the water and electric turn off for non payment. The examiner asked him if he trusted me. He said he didn't trust me on everything but when it came to money, his health that he trusted me completely. I am not a spender. I hate shopping. At that time we lived on a little over 800 a month.. and I save money for the winter bills. He on the other hand likes to spend money, or used to...lol. He likes the idea of money in the now for emergencies. He was awarded 50% at that time with retro for 4 years. I don't think they will try setting up a Fiduciary. Besides I don't know how one would get a GAF higher than what the person does or says. He is what he is. When we decided to start a relationship, I insisted on some things as did he. One was no physical abuse or I was gone.. He has came very very close to hitting me, but he never has crossed that line. He knew I was not a spender not long after we met.

From what I see, it's likely that 100% TDIU should be awarded. If not, I'd certainly appeal.

I don't want to say this, but, the above remarks make it more than less likely that the VA will at least consider a fiduciary. The key is that you, not your husband, pays the bills.

This is often the red flag that starts the fiduciary process. If the VA sends you anything that suggests that a fiduciary might be involved, be prepared to write and file an immediate NOD.

A 100% TDIU award for PTSD is also another flag, and may also result in consequences that involve "gun ownership".

You cannot file a fiduciary related NOD (in theory at least) until they actually start the process. Perhaps someone more familiar with the ins and outs of the process might be able to give you exact when to file the NOD advice. http://www.vawatchdog.org Is a web site that has quite a bit of information concerning the fiduciary process and the right to file an Fiduciary related NOD.

It's also a good idea (particularly now that direct deposit is the rule) to have a separate account in another financial institution. Keep only a couple of months disability payments in the direct deposit account at the most. A direct deposit account automatically (by the banking laws) gives the payer the right to put funds in, and take funds out of the account. Clawing money back from the VA can be a time consuming and costly process.

My payments from the VA are direct deposited in one account, then, within a week or so, automatically transferred and invested in a non cash account.

The first account carries a bank account number, etc. and "looks" like a checking account. The second account is not a checking account, and does not carry

a bank account number. This is an interim solution, prompted by the mandatory direct deposit scheme, until a better option arises.

Wow. Thanks for that info on banking. If I can figure out how to mark your reply or save it here, I'm going to.

Wednesday, the C&P examiner didn't even ask him who pays the bills or any finances questions this time at all. In the first PTSD C&P, in 2011, the examiner did ask who took care of the bills and how much he trusts me. At the time, I needed some everyday shoes. Since I am not a spender, I was waiting for sales. He told the docs that he can't even get me to buy a pair of shoes because I won't spend the money on myself. I hate shopping and he told the doctor that. He gets mad at me for not buying things.. I buy what I need and I don't need much.

I apprecate the warning and I will take heed to it. I have background in being a conservator and legal guradian. with accounting education along with nursing. I am at presently the Conservator and guradian for my adult daughter. I have to show accounting for all her finances for her SSDI and her health conditions. If the VA should try to appoint a Fiduciary, I truely believe we can fight them on it. I sure was not aware about two accounts.. That is GREAT information for us. I will explain it to my hubby for his approval. I take care of our finances, but I always get his approval on things other then monthly bills.

As far as being at ease about his C&P I am not. Hubby signed a ROI Wednesday for the C&P examsbto be mailed to us when finished. The records came in the mail yesterday. He had two C&Ps, one medical and one for PTSD. The Medical DBQ examiners was sent, but not the PTSD C&P record. I will call them first thing tomorrow as they have his signed ROI. So I will be more relaxed when I read what that examiner put in the DBQ. I think I will just wait and pick it up when we go there Wednesday for his surgery instead of having them mail it. If I have Internet access then, I will let you know what she marked in the DBQ under ''Competency'.. plus I am anxious to see if she marked 'Total occupational and social impairment' like she eluded to with her remarks.