Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E/d What % If Any

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

I put and in for ED on a fully developed claim form on 1/2/2013 secondary to ptsd. Was call on Saturday to make an appointment for my C/P . My appointment was made for Monday the 4th of March which I attended. The doctor looked at my Meds and saw I was taking anti depresion pills for 3 years in high dose and ask me many questions.. The exam went well 30 min or so. Doctor came right and said the ED was from medication. Here my question how do they rate this smc? or % ??? Doctor said its all up to rater, he just writes up the cause. Thanks

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PR, Sir if that comment was intended for me, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding. I was just stating what I read in this veterans rating decision. I was not aware of the amount of the K award or any SMC awards for that matter. Since this post concerning the SMC awards, I have read section 1114, 38 CFR and I am now aware of the amounts for each SMC award. On Monday, when I go to the office, I am going to contact this veteran, bring him in so we can initiate a VA FM 21-4138 so this can be corrected. His RD was adjudicated at Winston-Salem VARO.

Have a great day!

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm sorry Meg, I shoulda been more tactful but it wasn't aimed at you. It takes all of 2 minutes to verify the current rate paid, by going to http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/resources_comp02.asp and checking the rates and I was seeing a variety of rates posted from $89, up to $125. I was just trying to stop the wrong info being posted, again. You may want to check when his claim award date was. It may have $89, then. My claim took 10 yrs and was somewhere around $89 when I started but w/COLA's it's now $100, monthly. Also, Chuck posted something about $95 in 2012 and the rate in 2012 was actually $99, according to the rate tables. He is right, tho, it is possible the VA erred and used an earlier rate table. Again, I'm sorry if I made you feel like I was attacking you! This is never my intention, towards anyone. Thanks!

pr

PR, Sir if that comment was intended for me, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding. I was just stating what I read in this veterans rating decision. I was not aware of the amount of the K award or any SMC awards for that matter. Since this post concerning the SMC awards, I have read section 1114, 38 CFR and I am now aware of the amounts for each SMC award. On Monday, when I go to the office, I am going to contact this veteran, bring him in so we can initiate a VA FM 21-4138 so this can be corrected. His RD was adjudicated at Winston-Salem VARO.

Have a great day!

SP4RVN1971 - my apologies, I'm truly sorry, for not remembering our previous discussion, on this topic!!! My best to you and yours!!!

pr

You, specially you have nothing to apologize for, you might help me heal my wounds or not. It good talking to you, thanks again.smile.png

• HadIt.com Elder

OK now we can get a Pump put in to control this issue and not worry about ED.

That would take care of it.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

They've(VA) offered the implant but no thanks, I'm not big on any kind of erective, I mean elective surgery. All surgery carries risks, so I accept life the way it is. If I'm meant to die, so be it but that doesn't mean I'll stand in traffic as a test. Besides I don't have anyone in my life right now and the prospects don't look good, for now, either. Altho yesterday, I had a nail tech from Ho Chi Minh city do my pedicure. Never thought I'd do pedicures but thanks to the DM-II, I do. Wonder if I can get the VA to pay for them. Easier to get them than to get a VA appt w/a pediatrist. Sweet little thing but too young and beautiful for me to marry. Guess I'll just keep looking. ;-)

pr

OK now we can get a Pump put in to control this issue and not worry about ED.

That would take care of it.

J