Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update On My Situation And A ? Pertaining To A Friend Of Mine

Rate this question

Memory235

Question

Hello all! I went to the VA Er not long ago.... they didn't do much for me. I had to see psych out patient a few days ago. Got a couple of scripts for meds. Anyway, I was smoking outside when a friend of mine whom I dont know all that well.. He is a mentally ill dude. Anyway, he was obviously seeing sh*t... He shows me his DD214 and I look through it... Until I get to the bottom...

Dishonorable Discharge

This guy was in the USDB for a while but won't say why...

What kinda of stuff could he of done?

I just don't want to be associated or seen with anyone like that if he did something totally nuts.

The Military

The Brotherhood

The Swearing In and trips to meps

Sand Hill

RIP Big Mike 5th SFG Baghdad

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It is possible that your friend was rated while on active duty and then sent to leavenworth afterward. I believe that if he was rated prior to going to prison he does not get paid while in prison and then when he gets out it kicks back in. If I'm wrong on that some one will chime in. I remember reading some thing about it some where.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only way a vet with a DIshonorable discharge to get service connection is to have had two enlistments and have a Honorable discharge for the first enlistment. The disability must have been incurred during a period of honorable service.

Any other intention would be a Pipe dream.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I would treat a DH individual just like one of them that went to Canada!

I personal have nothing to do with them and their stories of woa! Follow orders and defend your country. You raised your hand to honorably serve and you blew it. No excuses!

I agree with PR...Until you have walked a mile in a man's shoes, it is best not to point out they need shined. I have heard of more than one Vet, who's PTSD gave them paranoia while still in service and some of them ran AWOL. Wound up with a dishonorable, and even sometimes over little stuff any of us could have done, too.

Some of those Commanding Officers are very very strict, and throw the book at you for nothing. Others let you get away with murder. So, its highly possible this guy had the former. I would not judge them. We will be judged by the same measure by which we judge others, and I dont know about you, but I want a very generous forgiving judge.

Dont be too sure bronco.... He got a DD for some crazy sh*T... He got a sentence of 5 years... Apparently he was Cm'd in his second enlistment. Got charged with 4 UCMJ Violations... He did some baddddd stuff. After learning what he did I am walking away... This dude calls himself a vet too... Don't make assumptions ... this is a timeless lesson...

Edited by Memory235

The Military

The Brotherhood

The Swearing In and trips to meps

Sand Hill

RIP Big Mike 5th SFG Baghdad