Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Trick Of Clearing The Back-Log

Rate this question

kevin4998

Question

Well it seems they know how to clear the back-log. No surprise, but by just claiming errors in the claim process.

In my case that would be, after checking E-Bennies, that they have basically closed all because I did not submit my prescribed medication in time (2 years I think). I did not submit this information, because ALL my prescribed meds are via the VA. That information should be readly available to them when they recieved the paperwork from the VA (which I know they did recieve it).

I do not know if I can "fix" this, but I plan on going up to the RO in Indy (good thing I am only 30 minutes from it) this coming week.

I thought maybe I would at least get a C&P for at least one of my claims where I could possiably "straighten" out anything that maybe "not be properly" filled out or missing. Guess they do not want to even do exams to avoid the costs of that all togather.

I am sure in time I will get this straighten out, just po's me that they are looking for the short cuts to clear the backlog!

I say this is part of clearing backlog because my claims have been in for over two years (I know many here have or are waiting longer, just going by what they are saying). And, they just closed these claims out on the 13th of this month.

Edited by kevin4998

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well your VA pharmacy records are considered as being in constructive possesion of the VA. They have no valid excuse for not associating these records with your claims file. Have they actually issued you a denial?

I too have had a claim since 2011 with Indy..Within a matter of 48 hrs this past week, it went from more info needed, to closed. I received my denial letter today!

I had put in a request to change my claim to Oklahoma when I moved here a year ago....Obviously never happened....So now, onto the appeal process...Where to start?

And trying to figure who has my file...My C&P exams were done in Oklahoma but my file is in Indy?

something else they are doing to keep thier numbers up, is not officially recognizing requests for appeals, that way, the claim shows completed. As I understand it, they can hold the claim in limbo for up to a year. They recently pencil whipped all of these claims, because her highness is abt to lose her job " Hickey), so they are in panic mode. They are just flicking boogers, at the wall hoping some will stick.

I wouldnt wish Indy or Houston on my worst enemies.

Louisville is a gem compared to them.

J

you can put WACO in that list too.