VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Trick Of Clearing The Back-Log

Rate this question

kevin4998

Question

Well it seems they know how to clear the back-log. No surprise, but by just claiming errors in the claim process.

In my case that would be, after checking E-Bennies, that they have basically closed all because I did not submit my prescribed medication in time (2 years I think). I did not submit this information, because ALL my prescribed meds are via the VA. That information should be readly available to them when they recieved the paperwork from the VA (which I know they did recieve it).

I do not know if I can "fix" this, but I plan on going up to the RO in Indy (good thing I am only 30 minutes from it) this coming week.

I thought maybe I would at least get a C&P for at least one of my claims where I could possiably "straighten" out anything that maybe "not be properly" filled out or missing. Guess they do not want to even do exams to avoid the costs of that all togather.

I am sure in time I will get this straighten out, just po's me that they are looking for the short cuts to clear the backlog!

I say this is part of clearing backlog because my claims have been in for over two years (I know many here have or are waiting longer, just going by what they are saying). And, they just closed these claims out on the 13th of this month.

Edited by kevin4998

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Guess what. Prescribed medication issues dont have a damned thing to do with adjudicating a claim.

Now you get the meds from the VA and INDY (One of the worst regional offices inthe US) doesnt recognize this, they are violating their duty to assist as it is on them to get records and info in VA's posession.

Write these idiots a 21-4138 and let them have it. They are delaying and stalling you. They do this type of crap to a lot of vets. They will even send you other vets medical info and when you try to give it back, they will try to arrest you. They did it to another Hadit member.

These folks play dirty.

• HadIt.com Elder

They can clear a lot of the backlog by doing it right in the first place and getting rid of the deadwood that does not finish claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

I made a claim for reimbursement for dental work one time. The VA worker just threw it away. I found this out from his boss. The worker was angry that he had to do my claim because their was some work involved. I was pretty shocked the VA admitted this. It took 6 months to get my money. The VA practically called my dentist a liar and a crook. There is a ton of deadwood in the VA at every level. I did work at the VA about 25 years ago at the lowest level. Even at that level there was politics and back stabbing.

Then I got lucky and got a job at the USPS. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

There is no way the RO Indy should not have your medication list. What I think happened is they lost it. And like jbasser said the RO Indy is one of the most inept RO's of the 56 or so that work claims. They have gone from 330 days wait time, to 417.2 in just a few months. And I bet they don't work OT either. Maybe on paper, but not really worked.

Unfortunately, I could see them doing mass denials for small omissions or procedural errors. It restarts the clock for them and (on paper) shows them bringing down the backlog. All it'll do is kick the can down the road, which the VA is pretty good at.