Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved Fee Basis For Dental

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

I called the Dental Clinic in Houston on Friday and spoke with a very nice lady and requested Fee Basis for my Dental. It was later in the day about 4 p.m. when I called. To my amazement this same lady called not only called my home telephone number, but also my cell today (before noon) to let me know that I was approved for this. She even apologized for not calling me back on Friday! I am very pleased with the outcome for it saves me driving 116 miles to spend 1 hour in the dentist's chair and then make the return trip home. The long trip aggravates three of my service connected disabilities... Back, Cervical Spine and especially my PTSD (with the traffic and people causing me a lot of anxiety). To sum it up, Houston (the Varo and the Hospital) has treated me really good. If your service connected disabilities are aggravated by a long commute such as this I would suggest requesting Fee Basis. Now I will be able to use my local Dentist and not have to commute a little over 5 hours round trip.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

justrluk,

Did you get the list of dentists from your VAMC dental clinic?

I also live in central Georgia and I am trying to find who the dentists are who accept VA fee basis.

Georgiapapa

Justrluk, I was never told that I had to stick to a list. The main concern is to find a Dentist who accepts Fee Basis. This past Friday I also received my consult paperwork allowing me to see a local chiropractor. I took the paperwork over today and have an appointment on Tuesday Oct. 21. I am sc for my back and cervical spine. Good Luck!

justrluk,

Did you get the list of dentists from your VAMC dental clinic?

I also live in central Georgia and I am trying to find who the dentists are who accept VA fee basis.

Georgiapapa

Georgiapapa, I got a list that had one dentist to choice from I've been calling all week to

find a doctor that I want but most good dentist will not accept VA dental voucher. The one

they gave me was Bowers Dental Tucker GA. After a Dental search it looks like he is still

doing his work in boot camp. lol If I found one who accept VA voucher that's ok I will let you know

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My last VAMC dental appointment was less than good, but I got a survey in the mail and was very honest about it. Wish I could fee base most of my care but live less than 25 miles away.

RUREADY,

My nearest VA dental clinic is at the VAMC in Dubln, Georgia which is 62 miles one way (124 miles round trip) from my house. I live in middle Georgia so I am trying to find a dentist around Macon, Warner Robins or Milledgeville. If you hear of one around middle Georgia, please let me know.

Georgiapapa

• HadIt.com Elder

I live in Tampa and have not found a dentist who will take Fee Base. Besides these guys are way the hell out in the county. If you could find one and make private deal to pay the dentist the shortage that VA creates by underpayment.