Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apparently This Works...

Rate this topic

comatos

Wow!!' Way to go!!!! I might have to use your tactics if I don't get some resolution with my appeal soon. I will definitely pass this along to people I know and let them your battle!!'

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Great heart warming story. DId someone or something say you had a retro check on the way?

Usually when this happens it triggers an instant response. Usually very negative.

Hope it gooes well.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thank you all. Got my brown envelope today with the decision and yes it does say I rate a retro check but that it would follow in the mail a few days later or be deposited into my account. I'd say still a win though I'm probably going to have to appeal since they didnt see fit to increase my static rating after this surgery. But at least ill know who to email in a year if that doesn't move in a timely manner either...

WOW Vic M....Great Story and brother you just gave me an idea about emailing MR. Shinseki about a certain C&P examiner and exam....Hmmmmm

rpowell, if you plan to take this approach, I highly suggest you ensure that you also CC the other names I listed there. I got there names from the executive bios at the VA web page, http://www.va.gov/opa/bios/. I kind of just guessed at the naming convention for the email addresses andi didn't have a single one bounce back. So they should all work.

Also an update, my retro check got deposited last night. The pen and the keyboard are definitely mightier than the sword. ;)

Yep -

Every once in a while there's a glitch in the system

and something like this actually helps a vet.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use