Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinion On Dr. Report On Dbq.

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I put in for AO claim back in about 8 months ago due to my IHD. In the claim I also asked for TDIU. Well today I got my Dr. report and I need some in put from the expert on here.

1.Coronary Atherosclerosis of native coronary artery---ICD CODE 414.01

2.CARDIAC functional assessment---9.4 METS achieved

3.Left Ventricular fraction (LVEF) 60% DATE OF TEST 9/25/12, after the stent was put in.

4.FUNCTION IMPACT and REMARKS,, Does the veterans IHD impact the veteran ability to work.

Dr.checked YES, then he writes unable to do any kind of strenuous work.

So what are your thoughts about this DBQ report?

thanks

Hollis

11b40 K9 HANDLER

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The 60% LVEF, if accurate, says that your heart has "normal" output, barring any other heart related problems.

What was the doctor-private, or VA?

How was the 60% determined? Stress test, or other.

In my case, the cardiologist measured pressures and flow via sensors in the cath and using dye emitted from the cath.

Chuck, first it was a private Heart Dr. the only stress test with dye was before I had the stent put in. I have not been given a stress test since Sept,2012.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only way to accurately determine EF is Echo or Cath. That is the VA criteria for the rating. either or. Cath is boss.

J

I put in for AO claim back in about 8 months ago due to my IHD. In the claim I also asked for TDIU. Well today I got my Dr. report and I need some in put from the expert on here.

1.Coronary Atherosclerosis of native coronary artery---ICD CODE 414.01

2.CARDIAC functional assessment---9.4 METS achieved

3.Left Ventricular fraction (LVEF) 60% DATE OF TEST 9/25/12, after the stent was put in.

4.FUNCTION IMPACT and REMARKS,, Does the veterans IHD impact the veteran ability to work.

Dr.checked YES, then he writes unable to do any kind of strenuous work.

So what are your thoughts about this DBQ report?

thanks

Hollis

11b40 K9 HANDLER

Reads to me that in regards to your claim issue for TDIU, this cardiac doc has only supported that

your cardiac condition impacts your ability to do "strenuous work".

IMO - VBA will deny and support the denial with, this does not preclude your ability to do sedentary work.

JMHO

thanks Carlie, & jbassar,

Well as you may have guessed this wasn't what I was hoping for. I was hoping since he checked yes, then added no strenuous work would help me out. I am 65 YO now, and was mandatory retired from the Fed Govnt as a fire fighter due to age (57) so don't know what kind of work I could do since my SC FOR HEARING IS 50 % AND PTSD 50% but thanks to all.

Edited by Hollis

From my statement above should I go back and ask the CARDIO Dr. to redo his statement to SAY not able to hold any gainful employment due to my age and hearing and PTSD?

Edited by Hollis