Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If I Get My Tdiu Approved Then... ?

Rate this question

Jaluluah11B

Question

Assuming my TDIU gets approved.( currently 70% PTSD )

Then can I also apply to get SSDI or SMC?

What should my next step be after my TDIU goes through? Is that it or is there more things I qualify for?

I will be very grateful and appreciative of the TDIU rate of compensation but if I qualify for something further then I will go ahead and pursue it.

I can't figure out from reading on here if you can get TDIU first then go ahead and apply for SSDI.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok thanks. I just only read people that are pending TDIU and their current SSDI is used as evidence for their claim. The va is currently getting my SSA records for my TDIU claim. I hope not having SSDI already doesn't have a negative effect on my claim.

have you been unemployed for 5 years, if so they may deny you, that what they did to me. I am also 70% but 50%PTSD If you have been out of work less than 5 years then yes do apply, I understand they will deny the first time, but go back and reapply.

I got out on Nov 28th 2011. Have not worked since. I'm not overly concerned about getting denied but of course I am anxious about the whole thing.

When I called Peggy they said the notes read that the VA is getting my SSA records and I don't really know what that means. I don't get SSDI so I just fret over what that means.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is required to get SS records for TDIU claims because it'll show your employment history/monies earned. You should apply for SSDI now and not wait. Hollis mentioned reapplying if denied but I believe he meant appeal, as reapplying generally starts a new claim and loses an earlier date. jmo

pr

That makes me feel more at ease and makes perfect sense. Alright I'll go ahead and apply for SSDI. I'll start doing my research on how to do that.

Thanks.

The VA is required to get SS records for TDIU claims because it'll show your employment history/monies earned. You should apply for SSDI now and not wait. Hollis mentioned reapplying if denied but I believe he meant appeal, as reapplying generally starts a new claim and loses an earlier date. jmo

pr