Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stop The Meds For The C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Warone

Question

Wondering if the VA and C&P exam considers the veteran is now dependent on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Ambien to live a normal life without depression and anger, etc... I'm not such a butthole with a short temper when I'm taking these pills and I can get at least 4-5 hours of sleep every night. so the Examiner, just like my Psychiatrist writes, "Session with patient today was pleasant, he is in good spirits, no sign of depression, etc." In others words, while I'm taking these darn pills, my symptoms are masked. Should I worry about this when I file for benefits. Should I stop the meds so I can be my normal un-drugged self (short tempered, depressed, angry, worrisome, etc.) when I see the examiner? When I file. (Apparently not all of the worry is masked because I'm worrying about this stuff!)

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Personally, I wouldn't go off the meds. Instead, make sure you answer all questions as if they were asking about you WORST days, not how you may be feeling at that specific moment. Also...Look up these drugs on the internet (or look at the papers that come with each prescription) for the adverse side effects. Have any? Don't forget to relay any side effects to your C&P examiner! Your decision of course but as for me...you wouldn't like me off my meds!... LOL ;-)

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Ive heard both theories. However, Id rather go in with observable issues then 'tell' them how bad it is. From the POV of a VA examiner, or any examiner, of COURSE its terrible and worse when you aren't on your meds THIS MUCH. Problem is, we have a vested interest in the outcome. Rather than depending on the examiner to believe me, id rather go in with observable deficiencies-unless it is dangerous to myself to not take medication for a week prior. SSRIs are funny like that. Pain meds don't cause as much of a problem, for me.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Well I am torn between the to. I have 5 QTC evaluations coming up before Jan 10. I have asked for IU and all of this is because of it. I know one is about my increase in PTSD 50% to 70% rating, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE 0-WHAT EVER % and a new claim for my HEART DIEASE, along with a new hearing test. So how can the examiner give you a good evaluation if they do not see how you are. As stated earlier, I will brush up on the side effects and relate what I have to the examiner, that is if I decide not to come off the meds..

But really how well can we trust these VA contractors to do a job they are paid to do with out being biased toward the VA who write them the checks

I will give a follow up once I get the rating from the VA, wish me luck.

Only explaining the worst day would, at best, count as 'lay person' observation only. At worst it leaves the door open for the examiner to suspect over emphasis of symptoms. "Description" is not clinical observation.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)