Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lesson Learned Yesterday

Rate this question

usdart

Question

My 3rd vist with the VA Psych and about 3/4 of the way through it and she asks "so how is your health? Pretty good?

My resonse was

'you mean other than nightmares, sleep apnea, ear aches, tinitus, headaces, acid reflux, and emotional problems?'.

Good thing I read somewhere to be careful how you resond to these folks. They write everything you say down and sometimes 'out of context'. I was begining to be comfortable with her, now that's gone, like everyone else she is the same as all the others. Never trust anyone and avoid people every time you can.

I am really bummed out now because I am sure she is not trying to help ME, but trip me up and make me say things I should not. I am afraid to tell the total truth to anyone, They will take my freedom away or other terrible things and cause me more harm than good.

I told her I hate word games and hate arguing or debating and avoid these at ALL costs. I will agree, fold or leave everytime.

Thanks Veterans Administration for adding to my troubles and causing me to do everything I can to avoid people and be anti-social.

Me........confrontational? Well, perhaps at times. I often feel pushed around and crapped on. This might be part of my problem, or it might be world full of idiots. The question is A: My Problem or B: World of idiots. I don't want to step on your post, Dart, since I know you are looking for help.

John

No way Man, confrontational is reserved for those who do not care. Crapped on gives you free license to help others of like experiances. Not sure who the 'idiot' here is,. more and more I am told it is me.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It never fails. They ask you about your health. You answer. Then the glassy-eyed look sets in on their face... :blink:

When I can't sleep I envision my on fortress of solitude. I live in an abandoned warehouse that I fix up with escape routes, survelance, and lots of things to proect myself from anyone. Not ready to buy one yet, I am still in Design stage.

Makes for good dreams.

Their is a systemic problem with VA mental health care. There is a "conflict of interest". The VA wants to pay Vets as little as possible, while the Veteran desires the opposite. Docs are paid by the VA to represent the VA's interests, not the Veterans.

The VA tells everyone its a "Veteran friendly non adversarial system" to get around that. If the VA is so "non adversarial" why is there no "waiting list" for VA employees, but a million man waiting list for Veterans, who often die before they get compensated?

Making a man die before he gets paid is not "Non adversarial".

Many Vets, like yourself, keep things to themselves because of this conflict of interest. And, for good reason, because anything you say can/will be held against you by the rater. They remind me of the "good cop-bad cop" where the cop tells the guy to "come clean" and admit he did it.

The VA employees treat us like criminals..that we should simply confess and give up our benefits, so they can continue their wild parties and executive bonuses, and not have to listen to Vets complain.

As Ronald Regan suggested, when someone says "They are with the government and are here to help you", you had better grab your wallet to make sure you are not pick pocketed.

Edited by broncovet

Dot09 - I hear what you're saying. I think most healthcare providers do this to some extreme to cover their butts legally. Maybe the VA does it more because the suicide rate has been "in the news" a lot more than in years past.

As far as the "mini C&P" goes...I definitely feel that too. I would rather my doc sit there and look at me than constantly typing as I'm speaking but I think it might just be a habit they have since they started their practice. Who really knows for sure? But it comes down to the bottom line: If you have genuine symptoms worthy of a 100% rating, you should get/keep that rating. If you have genuine symptoms worthy of a 30% rating, you should get/keep that rating. It might be wishful thinking on my part but I think there is enough data to say that NO VET will have their rating reduced OR increased based on one visit to a doc. The VA or the vet must show that over an extended period of time a person's condition has shown improvement, declined, or stayed the same.

Not saying there haven't been cases where exactly that has happened...

Just My Humble Opinion so please don't crucify me all!

LC

• HadIt.com Elder

Loose Cannon

No one will crucify you here. Now lynching is another matter. What is your neck size?

Dot

I have had words twisted beyond all recognition by C&P doctors. If the VA ever goes on budget cutting spree we will all see how they can do the twist.