Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going Nuclear On The Va

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I turned the whole thing over to my Congressman!

I am tired of being lied to and put off and ignored by the VA rep who was supposed to help me, The VA clinic,and my VA Phsyc for leaving things out of her reports and trying to trick me.

I offered as evidence to the Congressman my Ebenefits and myhealthevet records to back up what I am saying. I let them know I trusted these people to help me because like most I did not understand the system. I let him know that I had not filed before because I was unaware of the entitlement and my family prodded me to get help. I told him I spent 10 months in turmoil and raging anxiety and was then told my Claim was totally witout evidence. Even though my VSO insisted everything was there and when I called Seattle they said they had 'all the evidence'.

I am waiting for Doc Hastings to let me know. He has helped me before with positive results from the VA in 5 days. I am hoping for good results here too. At this point if I shot myself in the foot, so be it. I only want what is due.

I will keep this info in mind to use when and if I get a denial on my claim. Meanwhile I still need a VSO.

Can someone recommend DAV, or some othe agentsy with a good record?

• HadIt.com Elder

No, I have been disappointed by all of them! Learn how to win your own claim. IF you just hand your claim over to the DAV or VFW they just run with what you give them. It is ok to have them along at a hearing, but you must do the leg work to produce the evidence you need to win your claim.

This is what lawyers are for because they do know every rule and regulation. The VBA is adversarial. You can wish for a perfect world where the VA and SSA are fair, but in the meantime hire a lawyer and a good IME. Vets waited for 60 years to be able to hire lawyers and now we have the chance.

Yuppers. I completely agree. As I have been learning. The VA and health professionals that conduct themselves in this manner must be dealt with as we deal with the enemy in combat, Without discretion, without remorse. This is our new war and we must fight fire with fire. Proportional damage with even more strategic attacks. " This is war gentlemen"

Edited by arng11

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

I'm curious, a veteran that's 100%, files a claim, used vso's from all organizations, learned how to do claims all by their selves, claim is denied at the Ro, BVA and CAVC.

My first question would be, what kind of nexus is in this veterans c-file?

just curious....

Edited by meghp0405

I'm curious, a veteran that's 100%, files a claim, used vso's from all organizations, learned how to do claims all by their selves, claim is denied at the Ro, BVA and CAVC.

My first question would be, what kind of nexus is in this veterans c-file?

just curious....

I think you are asking ME...

My VSO fouled up my claim by assumeing the VA would see that I was in Viet Nam in a Artillary unit in the field under combat conditions. The VA knows that some who went to Viet Nam did not see combat. The VA wanted proof that I had been under fire in combat. My history with the VA from 1979 shows sleep problems, headaches, Alchol abuse, family and work issues. As part of my proof I sent in the Company names of the more than 50 jobs I have had since discharge. I also sent in the After Action Report for the major Offensive I was apart of in 1970. Along with newspaper accounts and two buddy statements. All this info was researched and found by ME. The VSO does not care as much about you as you do and to be fair they do not know all the small clues it takes to chase down the Evidence. Each piece of info gave clues to how to find the next etc.

That's my story and I am sssttticking to it!

I think you are asking ME...

My VSO fouled up my claim by assumeing the VA would see that I was in Viet Nam in a Artillary unit in the field under combat conditions. The VA knows that some who went to Viet Nam did not see combat. The VA wanted proof that I had been under fire in combat. My history with the VA from 1979 shows sleep problems, headaches, Alchol abuse, family and work issues. As part of my proof I sent in the Company names of the more than 50 jobs I have had since discharge. I also sent in the After Action Report for the major Offensive I was apart of in 1970. Along with newspaper accounts and two buddy statements. All this info was researched and found by ME. The VSO does not care as much about you as you do and to be fair they do not know all the small clues it takes to chase down the Evidence. Each piece of info gave clues to how to find the next etc.

That's my story and I am sssttticking to it!

usdart stick to it. There is ONLY ONE real person that will care more about your claim, that is you my friend. Remember that this wonderful resource we have here is a resource. You have to use every weapon in the arsenal. There are laws and regulations that are supposed to keep things fair and just, however, as with anything, we are human, even the damn VA smucks. (the ones's that don't do right of course) It will never be a perfect system, and it is really is the luck of the draw sometimes. Stay true in your path and with some good fortune, you might wind up in a place better than you are right now. Just my opinion. Take it for what is worth to you.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: