Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going Nuclear On The Va

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I turned the whole thing over to my Congressman!

I am tired of being lied to and put off and ignored by the VA rep who was supposed to help me, The VA clinic,and my VA Phsyc for leaving things out of her reports and trying to trick me.

I offered as evidence to the Congressman my Ebenefits and myhealthevet records to back up what I am saying. I let them know I trusted these people to help me because like most I did not understand the system. I let him know that I had not filed before because I was unaware of the entitlement and my family prodded me to get help. I told him I spent 10 months in turmoil and raging anxiety and was then told my Claim was totally witout evidence. Even though my VSO insisted everything was there and when I called Seattle they said they had 'all the evidence'.

I am waiting for Doc Hastings to let me know. He has helped me before with positive results from the VA in 5 days. I am hoping for good results here too. At this point if I shot myself in the foot, so be it. I only want what is due.

who said welfare is free you have to qualify for it if free to no one "benefits are earn""

why you have denials if earn??? should be slam dump claim since you earn them

if a car hit me while walking I can't work no more I don't have enough credits for disability

I have to go on welfare to survive did I earn that?? Everyone has not earn every VA claim

file because you have some that will lie and file a claim for bull sh**. I know a few right now.

Some countries health care is free who earn that this is America and that's the way we live anything that's

free I want

you can have never worked a day in your life and recieve SSI benifits. also you dont even have to be a citizen of this country. they have a from to fill out that you must affirm thast you have TRIED to gain citizenship in the united states.

""Why did the VA tell me over the phone 5 months ago that they had all evidence requiered and I just need to wait?"""

LETS HASH THIS OUT.// HOW IN THE HELL CAN VA KNOW IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED ALL OF YOUR EVIDENCE,? THEY DONT KNOW WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE? SO FOR THEM TO TELL YOU, THEY DONT NEED MORE EVIDENCE, IS BS. MORE EVIDENCE CANT YOUR YOU IF IT HELP YOUR CLAIM,.

"tell me over the phone 5 months ago"

VA 800# (Peggy) will often say anything they want.

Over 6 months ago I hung on for over an hour (second time in the past year ) to get a vet rep via ebenefits (which VA wont let widows use)because I had never had a reply from IRIS that acknowledged my claims and their status,sent over a year ago.

Both times the 800 reps were nice and did give me some info ,but a year ago they said they had my 1151 claim and the second call rep said she couldn't see it on the PC ....I had 2 questions neither one of them could answer and they both said they would make an IRIS inquiry for me.......

about 6 months have passed since then and not a word from IRIS.

I am fortunate to not have HBP. But I know dealing with them via IRIS or phone Must raise my BP due to the frustration

so I have just put off even trying to email or call them again...

I must admit that whenever,in the past, I did get an IRIS response, it was pretty detailed as to my questions.

It pays to write the IRIS inquiry in a word program, first, and read it a few times, to make sure they will understand clearly what info you want.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks for that tip Berta. It is a reminder to me that, that is something I really just need to get into a habit of doing. Not only for Iris but almost everything I do that needs more clarity.

USMC 79-85

100% P&T

SMC R1

70% loss of use of right arm due to multiple sclerosis

100% suprapubic cystostomy due to multiple sclerosis

100% loss of use of both lower extremities due to multiple sclerosis

30% left upper extremity weakness

30% insomnia with hypersomnolence

10% neurogenic bowel

I have been trying to get my sister on SSI since Jan 1, 2013 because she has not been able to work from a mental condition

that's prevent her from working P&T per say her Doctor notes she has not had income in 10 years she is disable it is 1-16-14

and still no answer yet from SSI but it is with the judge this week so as you can see its not free and even if it was we USA helps

the poor and rich. It may have been that way before but not now you got to qualify for that $600.00 per month to live for a month

pay your rent & energy bill what else you got. Two years as a congressman life pension and free insurance for them and some not

worth the bill but USA pays any way RU

• HadIt.com Elder

This is what lawyers are for because they do know every rule and regulation. The VBA is adversarial. You can wish for a perfect world where the VA and SSA are fair, but in the meantime hire a lawyer and a good IME. Vets waited for 60 years to be able to hire lawyers and now we have the chance.

Ditto...

C. B.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"