Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going Nuclear On The Va

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I turned the whole thing over to my Congressman!

I am tired of being lied to and put off and ignored by the VA rep who was supposed to help me, The VA clinic,and my VA Phsyc for leaving things out of her reports and trying to trick me.

I offered as evidence to the Congressman my Ebenefits and myhealthevet records to back up what I am saying. I let them know I trusted these people to help me because like most I did not understand the system. I let him know that I had not filed before because I was unaware of the entitlement and my family prodded me to get help. I told him I spent 10 months in turmoil and raging anxiety and was then told my Claim was totally witout evidence. Even though my VSO insisted everything was there and when I called Seattle they said they had 'all the evidence'.

I am waiting for Doc Hastings to let me know. He has helped me before with positive results from the VA in 5 days. I am hoping for good results here too. At this point if I shot myself in the foot, so be it. I only want what is due.

Sounds like you are being punished to the highest degree because you dont know each and every VA rule that has ever been published and used against you.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is what lawyers are for because they do know every rule and regulation. The VBA is adversarial. You can wish for a perfect world where the VA and SSA are fair, but in the meantime hire a lawyer and a good IME. Vets waited for 60 years to be able to hire lawyers and now we have the chance.

I am sorry to say that they will lie to your congressman also, they have no fear and know there is no accountability. If this is eating you up and adding to your problems, I suggest you follow John's advice, turn it over to a competant lawyer with actual VA experience. Finding a trusted legal professional to advance your claim would be a way to somewhat disengage and remove the stress form working with the VA.

Don't give up - you give up and they win.

Since I have already set things in motion with my Congressman I have to see this through.

If had the $$ fo a Lawyer I would have done so. I just spent my entire savings and retirement on bi-lateral knee replacemnt for my wife. $500,000 total cost. I paid $100,000 and am now totally broke forever.

I know they will circle the wagons on me, that is what I am used to. I NEVER get a break so just another nail in my coffin.

The VVA Rep emailed me and said 'until you get a letter from the VA be Patient'. Patience my a** I am tired of being nice and always loosing.

Edited by usdart

I am sorry to say that they will lie to your congressman also, they have no fear and know there is no accountability. If this is eating you up and adding to your problems, I suggest you follow John's advice, turn it over to a competant lawyer with actual VA experience. Finding a trusted legal professional to advance your claim would be a way to somewhat disengage and remove the stress form working with the VA.

Don't give up - you give up and they win.

Yep, they will give the congressperson's liaison a song and dance about, they are doing

all they can, etc. . .

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.