Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of The Case Question

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I filed a NOD after the VA denied my increase request. I am currently rated at 70% and am seeking 100% and/or IU. Now they made this denial without seeing my SSDI that was awarded to me solely on my VA records. The RO now has my SSDI paperwork.

My question is, can they decide to grant me an increase while doing this statement of the case? I ask because the #800 number says a review officer has my file and is working on making a decision on my claim. The 800# also said that they're still working on the statement of the case.

I sent my lawyer an e-mail but they're out off the office due to weather conditions, so i'm hoping someone here can clear this up.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you for the replies. About 2 months before the VA denied my claim for an increase SSA had it on file that the VA requested the information.

I'd love to be able to walk papers into my VSO and get stamped dated copies but I have a hard time getting out of the house. In the past 3 weeks I been out of the house 2 times to see family. 3 times if you count going outside to shovel the driveway.

I usually get out a lot more when it is warm and dry outside. The cold, wetness are big triggers for me. Even though most of the time it seems like all my triggers are subconscious like it my body is set to auto. I don't even have to be thinking about anything negative and I will get 'flare ups.'

I had this problem and I call the SSDI office and you can ask when did va request for your records

thats a great idea,.,.

Since I put in for an increase to 100% or IU within 60 days of being awarded 70% and filed a NOD when they denied me an increase will they backdate it to when I put my original claim for ptsd or when I put in for the increase within 60 days of being awarded 70%?

My dead husband went through some SSA record BS with the VA.They told my Senators and Congressman that SSA refused to hionor their records request. It was all BS. SSA confirmed to me they never had requested his records.

In this post I explain how sometimes, an SSA award solely for SC, will garner a very favorable EED of up to one year additional retro when VA decides a TDIU claim.

If VA had gotten his SSA records prior to his death,my husband might well have lived to see his proper VA comp.

I often wonder how his original 1151 claim might have biased VA against his 30% upgrade claim.

He won them all............. posthumously.....^%$#@#$

My dead husband went through some SSA record BS with the VA.They told my Senators and Congressman that SSA refused to hionor their records request. It was all BS. SSA confirmed to me they never had requested his records.

In this post I explain how sometimes, an SSA award solely for SC, will garner a very favorable EED of up to one year additional retro when VA decides a TDIU claim.

If VA had gotten his SSA records prior to his death,my husband might well have lived to see his proper VA comp.

I often wonder how his original 1151 claim might have biased VA against his 30% upgrade claim.

He won them all............. posthumously.....^%$#@#$

I'm sorry it took so long for you and your deceased husband. I do know SSA put my effective date for SSDI back in late 2011. I never saw anyone from the SSA, no doctors, ect. All I did was do the online app and some paperwork with the help of a lady in the ptsd clinic. SSA had no problems granting me SSDI based solely on my VA records.

I wish I had the strength to go public with my denial letter. I'm sure a lot of people would be disgusted with the VA denying a veteran 100% PTSD because he plays PC games.