Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of The Case Question

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I filed a NOD after the VA denied my increase request. I am currently rated at 70% and am seeking 100% and/or IU. Now they made this denial without seeing my SSDI that was awarded to me solely on my VA records. The RO now has my SSDI paperwork.

My question is, can they decide to grant me an increase while doing this statement of the case? I ask because the #800 number says a review officer has my file and is working on making a decision on my claim. The 800# also said that they're still working on the statement of the case.

I sent my lawyer an e-mail but they're out off the office due to weather conditions, so i'm hoping someone here can clear this up.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wow. Id be curious to hear their rebuttal.

also ask them to send you the specific "" codes"" they used to deny your claim. It seems SOC can be very bland.

almost caveman like.. va deny claim based on evidence no bueno. adios.

Once they produce the codes used to deny, your lawyer can exploit that. If they dont fit........ Houston we have a problem.

When you do get your SOC. Go over it very slowly. read it like the lost sea scrolls. Look for things they manipulated or changes.

example. on one of my claims. I was working under a heavy truck, and something came loose and struck me in the eye. causing corneal abrasion. an eye injury. it was an object, like a rock, or socket or something .

Va denial says. VETERAN WAS WORKING UNDER VEHICLE, AND SPECK OF DUST, LANDED IN HIS EYE CAUSING IRRITATION.

SEE HOW THEY OPERATE!!!!! THEY FABRICATED INFORMATION, TO DOWNPLAY AND DENY ME.

Nowhere in my records does it mention " speck of dust". my records dont say irritation either they say injury.

The va are masters of trickery, desception and word substitution. you must be vigilant.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

You should not really talk to the VA if you have a lawyer representing you. The VA can twist what you say and make it hard on your POA. Have your lawyer do the talking for you.

John

You should not really talk to the VA if you have a lawyer representing you. The VA can twist what you say and make it hard on your POA. Have your lawyer do the talking for you.

John

Good advice. The only contact I had was when I called the 800# and they said its with a review officer awaiting a decision.

also ask them to send you the specific "" codes"" they used to deny your claim. It seems SOC can be very bland.

almost caveman like.. va deny claim based on evidence no bueno. adios.

Once they produce the codes used to deny, your lawyer can exploit that. If they dont fit........ Houston we have a problem.

When you do get your SOC. Go over it very slowly. read it like the lost sea scrolls. Look for things they manipulated or changes.

example. on one of my claims. I was working under a heavy truck, and something came loose and struck me in the eye. causing corneal abrasion. an eye injury. it was an object, like a rock, or socket or something .

Va denial says. VETERAN WAS WORKING UNDER VEHICLE, AND SPECK OF DUST, LANDED IN HIS EYE CAUSING IRRITATION.

SEE HOW THEY OPERATE!!!!! THEY FABRICATED INFORMATION, TO DOWNPLAY AND DENY ME.

Nowhere in my records does it mention " speck of dust". my records dont say irritation either they say injury.

The va are masters of trickery, desception and word substitution. you must be vigilant.

I'd get them from my lawyer, but the freedom of info act is still pending on e-ben. So IDK if my lawyer has the codes yets, but I will check. They also re-worded what I said to. Like when I told the doc I feel like I have a sign over my head that tells everyone what happen, the va said that I said people can read my mind.

Then when I said, 'I need glasses but I don't like people that close to my face, the va said I said, 'I don't want to see people so I don't wear glasses.'

My 'favorite' one is they tried to say that I said, 'everyone is out to hurt me.' When what I said was, 'I'm always on guard because something could happen anytime.'

just be careul not to step on your attorneys toes. if you have confidence in him or her, let them do thier job without too much birdogging,. VERIFY. but dont impede/