Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Approved!

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I applied for SSDI in September and finally turned in my function forms and employer stuff in mid January 2014. The VA sent them my medical records for which im medically retired. I was just told today via phone by social security that I am approved. My rate is $1373/mo. I will follow up with what they determined to help others, I just wanted to share. I figured they would deny but.much to.my surprise it has been approved and no exam was scheduled.

WOW that is Wonderful News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great News,

Very happy for you. I submitted my SSDI claim in Sep 13 too, and I finished my exams about a month ago. I hope to hear some good news soon too. God Bless and enjoy your weekend.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good news I have no complaints with Social Security they awarded in less than 4 months. It took me 5 and 1/2 year to get 100% from VARO. Mine was smoothed out with a 30 day Hospital stay.

thank you all for the kind replies. I understand I'm mote of an exception than the rule on somewhat fast approval and no exam. By no means am I bragging. Its sad I even had to file for it. I have only been notified sp far via telephone so I dont know what their report says. Bad or good I will share so it may help others hopefully.

I am also going for a TDIU C&P for PTSD on March 3rd. I will hope this helps that.

I have an appeal for 100% schedular PTSD from last March as well. The c&p examiber said he bekieved I was 100% but due to working 6 months prior he lowered it to 70%.

Seems I have a slew of things. Also looking fpr an IMO/IME for Sleep Apnea secondary to my SC'd PTSD...

well enough rambling. I shall try and help anyonr I can. I thank each and everyone for their service and for their time to read what I have written.