Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi 1St Denial

Rate this question

saints13

Question

I have applied for SSDI and found out today just after a few weeks that i was denied. No exams only the adult questionnaire that I filled out. They said they went off my VA records as evidence.

Im unemployable and haven't been employed since August 2013. I also have a letter from my last job describing that I was laid off due to missing to much work and also due to all my conditions that I could no longer perform my duties. My VA PCP letter stating I'm unemployable, VA ILP home assessment counselor stating severe PTSD and unemployable, VOC rehab stating in unemployable and unemployment saying I was denied and unemployable. All this was submitted to SSDI as evidence as well.

Conditions:

PTSD

Anxiety

Depression

Bilateral knee derangement

Hypertension

Lower back pain

Left hand medial nerve damage

SSDI said we do not have sufficient vocational information to determine whether you can perform any of your past relevant work. However based on the evidence on file, we have determined that you can adjust to other work and do not meet requirements for disability benefits.

That really knocked me back. Guessing VA increase for all above will be denied as well, its just my luck.

Saints,

Sorry to hear of your bad news bud. I resigned from my last Job Oct 2013. I filed SSDI in Nov 2013, and I completed my Mental and Physical exam about a month ago. I did a lot of leg work and research on my claim. SSA can be so funny man. Some people with one condition get approved in weeks and others in years. Have you completed a Patricks Self Report for you SSDI claim. It is where you list your conditions and the SSAs laws as to why you are Disabled. I have my completed report on my computer and I can send to you. I found it by accident on here one day. It took me a few days to fill out, but everyone seems to think that it will help. I am scared just like you. I know that I am in bad shape, the VA is currently working on an A/A program for my wife to be my care giver. The VA does not take that process lightly. How old are you, and what are you %s for. I was Medically Retired last year after 9 years active, I have my Masters in Criminal Justice, and I tried to work in that field as an agent last year for 7 months Tracking Violent Sex Offenders. I am don't know what to think anymore. I had my C&P exams last Friday for my FDC increase claim that I submitted in Sep 2013. Looking at the reports, it looks like I will be 100% in the next few months, keep my fingers crossed. Get back to me with more info, and see if we can come up with a plan for you reconsideration. I have a Lawyer, but he is worthless, he would only make $300 off of me if I get SSDI approved, so what does he care about so little money, when It means so much to me and my family. God bless and good luck. Keep me posted. Also remember that most states vary in approval rate, and they usually deny on the first try. I am preparing for the SSA to deny my claim. Better to be prepared for the worst, and hope for the best.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

If you could send the report that would be great! I'm going to get a local Mississippi lawyer tomorrow or Monday to start the appeal process. I think that report would help a lot, I will just devote all my time to it over the next few days.

I was in the navy from 1991-1998 as a Corpsman. I'm 41 now. I'm rated at 40% solely from bilateral knee injuries. I have a claim into the VA for the rest of the above conditions. Thought I had a rock solid case for both SSDI and for VA. But it only took SSDI less than a month to deny me. No calls, no exams, no nothing but the denial letter.

Hang in there Saints13. The day I filed my papers the guy at the SS office leaned over the counter and told me that when I am denied appeal it because they will deny it for sure and they did. Seems like that is SOP. I was denied twice and had to go in front of an ALJ with a local attorney I hired. I got my letter of decision yesterday. I filed my application in May 2012 and was found to be disabled back to Sept 2011.

DONT TAKE THE DENIAL AS YOU ARENT DISABLED. They deny and hope you give up. KEEP fighting, a lawyer is a must. the doc who saw me told me they are denying just to deny nowadays, so dont get discouraged.She told me that it didnt matter what she said, the call is made by people who arent doctors. its beurocracy. get a good lawyer.

Edited by 63SIERRA

also lotta good vids on u tube on what to say and what not to say, the SS has a way of twisting things around to use against you. When u go see a lawyer be prepared for this question... what makes you unable to work. they will lots of times ask you this, to see how you will react. if you are asked that by a judge. you will react the same way. Have a good answer ready, look them right in the eyes, and tell them why you cant work. Be prepared.

It will not let me Attach my Report as a file, I even tried to cut and paste the report, and nothing. If you write me a separate message bud, I will email it to you in the next few minutes. I think that this report could help you a lot. 63Sierra, You are on the money with your info bud.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars