VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unbelievable!

Rate this topic

usdart

Congrats! your claim was hauling by VA standards. Could you tell us what your claims were?

They were; New, PTSD, Hearing loss & Tinitus. and an Increase for Sinusitis from 10%.

The hardest part was proving a Battle from 44 years ago. Luckily it was well documented and I was able to get two 'buddie statements' as well as an after action report.

Now I am wondering if I have to inform my Employer and maybe quit.

I work for the DOE and was hired as a 10% preference Vet 8 years ago. Now at 100% things may have to change. Some research is required on my part but, I must be careful not to advise the wrong people before I get the Official answer.

As long as this is for new conditions, that were not SC before, then you will get Retro, if this was a claim for an increase, then there will be not Retro. I should be 100% soon with my FDC filed in Sep 13. When it gets approved, there will be no retro for me, as this was a claim for increase. You just need to sit down with your family and decide what is best for you. I was making 15K a month when I resigned last Oct 13, but my family and I decided that I may need be around much longer, and my family wanted me at home, and not in the streets chasing bad guys. God bless my friend, for this will take a lot off of your families shoulder

DOE sounds like a good job! I'd hold onto if you can. I've heard different views about being rated PTSD 100% P&T and employment, anyone else know the regulations?

Edited by thomasc

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use