Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman

Rate this topic

Closure

I believe it helped me. Some here say it makes no differense, I disagree. My Congressman's office took a personal interest in my case. The Office would call "their contact" with the VA and get back to me very quickly. After everything selled down the contacted me and asked if everything was OK now? And then offered future help if I need it. Wonderful people who did what they promised for me.

It did not help. I went to CARL LEVIN's office United States Senator.That was about 4years ago. I think it made them mad at me

Its been know that going to your Senator can slow everything down. Why? Because if there is a Congressional Inquiry everything STOPs. This happens all the time. Now, it depends how long they answer the inquiry they get from the Senator's office. If they take their time on responding it will slow down your claims and even appeals. I've read articles on the internet about this.

Its been know that going to your Senator can slow everything down. Why? Because if there is a Congressional Inquiry everything STOPs. This happens all the time. Now, it depends how long they answer the inquiry they get from the Senator's office. If they take their time on responding it will slow down your claims and even appeals. I've read articles on the internet about this.

I agree with rpowell01 I contacted my senator and all they did was pull my claim out of the pile to make up a fancy report to the senator of information I already knew. All it does is tie up a person to generate the detailed update report and mail it out to him or her and then your file goes back in the pile. Your senator can't do anything to speed up a claim etc I assume it's against the law since they have to process claims in order as recieved and no politician can have undue influence on them.

Edited by manning01

But a Politician can in fact have an impact on "a" deciding factor for your claim. My step dad (Who is now with Jesus Christ) was a Korean War Veteran. He had so much shrapnel in him that he would setup every metal detector this is. Anyway, he was over at Bay Pines MC for a stay for medical issues related to his service connected ratings. I think he was only like 60% and while in bed a State Vet Rep came in and seen him and ask him what he could do for him. And my step dad said "You can get me some more money so I can properly live right financially"...He really didn't need the money because he was pretty darn rich and had money in the bank. Well about 2 months later he gets a letter in the mail and it stated the VA has upped his rating and gave him TDIU 100% P&T.

So, you tell me how did this happen without him filing a claim for TDIU? Politicians can have an influence on your decision but they don't have the power to speed things up. Its a 50-50 toss up.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use