Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman

Rate this topic

Closure

I contribute to my congresswoman's election campaign. I did ask her to inquire about my claim. Is she just gives me standard response she won't get a dime form me in the future, and I will give her a piece of my mind. She probably does not really give a &^%$. I write my representatives all the time telling them that they are whores and liars. I probably will get no wet kisses from them now. Part of their miserable job is to help their constituents with problems like VA claims. If they don't do this they don't deserve your vote. I know what they deserve but I can't say it here.

John

John I love your logic, but it's the damn truth. I chuckle in a sort of sad way though. These bozos take a similar oath that we took when we signed up in the military. To support and defend this constitution. To defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic. Domestic, hmm like politicians who have their own selfish agenda. It's sad isn't. Not that I am perfect, but I think I have a better grasp on what a person should be like. What a decent person would do and should do. I think JMO until we as human beings learn to stop being so selfish and self serving our problems in society will just get worse. Downfall of humanity, we are our own worst enemy. Man I am really regretting not taking that sleeping pill. I am up this early with a splitting headache and I have a very long day ahead of me. Oh well. I will press on. I bet I will sleep like a baby tonight I am so tired, yet awake now. Go figure. :wacko:

heres what really happens when u do a congressional. I did one.

you fill out a form, authorizing release of information to the congressmans office. The congressmans liason, contacts the RO liason, and the claim gets pulled and put in a special area. At this time, it is called special correspondence on ebennies. The congressmans Liason who doenst know jack shit abt how the VA works, forwards your questions to the RO liason who has special training in giving bulllshit answers to the congressional Liason.

Abt every 30 days, they will be a message to you via your congrssmans stationary. Take note of its high quality, crisp, regal properties, and look at the official seal. Now you got it going on bubba louie. WRONG.

At this time, all the goons at the va are doing is sifting thru your claim, making sure they can cover their butts, should the tarbaby start rolling down hill, and an investigation, congressional inquiry, ect be opened on your claim. If all is well with the world, and there is no arrestable offenses jumping out of the claims folder, they let it sit. The claim will be worked in the order it is in. It will just be monitored, and made sure not to, fall thru the cracks in the floor, and into the woods behind the varo to be used as squirrel bedding material . So get a conressional inquiry if you want, but its really a horse and pony show. CONGRESS HAS NO POWER OVER THE VA. PERIOD. ALL THEY CAN DO IS HARRASS AND BADGER THEM. VA HAS NO SHAME.

If the RO has buried your drawers in the courtyard and put a spell on you, there aint nothing going to change thier minds. just get in line with the masses and go see a judge. maybe if enough of us do it, they will just dismantle the RO and everybody will have to go see a judge, when denied get a lawyer and get it done , just like SS.

There has to be just as many or more SS claims as there are VA claims, why is SS so much more effiecient?

They have eliminated a cesspool of stagnation, by not having places for the claims to fester/

This is not my experiance at all. My Congressman's assistant would call Her contact at the VA and get answers alsmost imediately. It did not slow down the process or move my claim somewhere else. In fact I feel like it it helped poke them in the butt and get it done for me.

Could be this is not normal of Congressional Inquiries and I may have just gotten lucky for once. I will not hesitate to contact my Congressman's office when I need help.

Be happy you don't live in Phoenix .I was using a gentleman out of John McCains office who did nothing for me and my claim that has been sitting in the Phoenix RO for 3 years now.They lead you to believe they can do something but then when they run into any difficulty they drop you cold.McCain and his cronies have been pushing very hard for a plan to get the homeless vets off the street so every time a homeless vet files guess what,your claim gets bumped to the bottom of the pile.Nothing against all the homeless but It pisses me off when some guy with a less than honorable discharge takes priority over one who served honorably especially when they're drugged out juiced up vets that don't give a damn anyway.I know not all homeless vets are that way but the ones you see on the street corners begging for money are the ones I'm talking about.The politicians don't care they just want to make themselves look better to the voting public.Some of the vets don't want to live inside but are more than happy to receive an additional 800 a month for non service connected disabilities.The vet who served honorably and filed properly has to take a back seat and the politicians don't care and don't have the power to do what they say they can do anyway. Thier hands are tied as well.The VA does what it wants and the bull about processing claims in the order they are received is just that ,a bunch of bull. Anyone can be bumped at any time.This guy in McCains office told me he's still working on RO appeals that are 6 and 8 years old.So what does that tell you about how much the VA cares about politicians.

Hot from the mailbox. One letter from my Congressman Chuck Fleischmann. When I contacted him, I went into detail about what I needed from his office. I needed to find out why the VARO was waiting until my remand was complete to pay the retro already granted to me by the VLJ order and to provide them with VA fast letter 10-02 , which I did provide the Military and Veterans Affairs Liaison. I thought this would go smoothly but the response I got was only on the status of my appeals and claims progress, no mention of retro payment. The letter also mentioned that the congressman's office would continue to inquire about this claim and will advise on any progress. So , so far not much help.

Edited by TNengland

• 2 weeks later...

I called my vso today and he said my appeal is under review but he can't tell by who. Only weeks earlier did he tell me they are going to send it to the vba without considering the IMO and employment docs I submitted with my form 9 as new evidence. Now two weeks after contacting my congresswoman things are under review. I still don't know if it's making a difference or not .. Only time will tell

Unless you have asked them to forward it without considering the New and Material evidence, you are getting set up for a remand back to the RO for them to consider that evidence before the BVA is going to stick their nose in it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use