Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman

Rate this topic

Closure

Thanks 71M10,

That's what I was hoping for ha. They had sent me an SOC the day after I had gotten my IMO together. For some reason my vso said most likely they will just hurry and send it to the vba because I have another appeal on the docket and it's coming up in a few months and they want to combine them .... Or some nonsense like that. He says even if I submit new evidence with a form 9 they don't have to review it , they can just send it off. It didn't sound right to me.

• HadIt.com Elder

My congressman was Sam Gibbons for many years. This guy was a WWII hero. He jumped behind the lines during D-Day. I think he thought I was a wimp because I was a Vietnam vet. He never helped me. My senator's office just ignored my complaints about the incredibly poor decision I got on one of my claims for an increase. I learned here on Hadit that I needed IME's and how to document my disability and push the percentage. All those congressmen and senators over the years did squat for me. The VSO's were pretty worthless as well. They just took what I gave them and filed my paperwork. No strategy session and no discussion of goals or my work situation. I was at 70% and DAV was telling me not to appeal. I was out of work and on SSD. Fortunately, I fired the DAV and just filed for TDIU and did my own appeals. The IME's are what got me TDIU. No help at all from VA or DAV or congress critters.

John

Glad to be back on here, been away for awhile

Like some on here, I to asked for help from one of my congressman who sit on the VA board for help. I got a call and the lady in his office said they did not get involved with VA business, but would look into it. I asked if I need to bring or send in copies of my CUE, she said no the VA would provide that info. So like others on here just a waste of time, They useless as **** on a bore hog. My last visit to my VSO said it was stamped received, but gathering dust on someone desk. However, I will not give up, never have and never will. I will make a drop in visit and then see the response I get letter. But first I need to get my rating back up on my hearing that was lowered from 40 to 20 % from my last C&P from a QTC contractor.

what has your DAV rep done that has helped you?

I started using the DAV at the appeals process.I had already been service connected for PTSD and TBI before getting help with my claims from a VSO. The DAV have helped me better prepare my claims and helped argue my points during the BVA teleconference. They have Contacted the Nashville RO a few times for me, but as for helping me in this situation about retro payment due on my behalf, they are quick to inform me about the process having no time frame and it is common for the RO to wait until the remand in complete to pay anything granted from the BVA. Only after hearing this is when I asked for help from my congressman, in which he told me the same thing. The resolution to my matters is time it seems.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I just now saw it.

on a side note : I think a congressman could help out in many circumstances, so don't let my negative view sway anyone's thoughts about getting help from their politicians.

Edited by TNengland

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use