Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman

Rate this topic

Closure

TNengland, I fully agree with you as to the Fast Letter 10-02:

It that letter applies to your retro due to an award, as the FL explains, then your VSO or someone should whip it out and send it to the VARO

and ask for the retro due you at this point.

We had a few vets here who had to do just that.(and got their retro)

My VSO with the DAV acted as if the FL 10-02 had no weight in getting my retro payment processed any quicker and advised me to be more patient. When I felt, that since I have been at this claim since 2005, and the VARO told my VSO they were waiting to pay me, that is when I had my Congressman forward the letter to the VARO. Maybe that letter will carry a heavier load.

• HadIt.com Elder

I contribute to my congresswoman's election campaign. I did ask her to inquire about my claim. Is she just gives me standard response she won't get a dime form me in the future, and I will give her a piece of my mind. She probably does not really give a &^%$. I write my representatives all the time telling them that they are whores and liars. I probably will get no wet kisses from them now. Part of their miserable job is to help their constituents with problems like VA claims. If they don't do this they don't deserve your vote. I know what they deserve but I can't say it here.

John

I just filled out the release of info form for my congress woman. I submitted two IMO's one from a civilian dr and one from a VA dr both of which outlined the mistakes made during my appeal process and pointing out that my rating should have been at 100% since jan 2011. The reason I contacted my congresswoman is because my vso said that the RO told him he most likely won't consider the new evidence and make a new decision or even waste the paper on an ssoc and just save the man hours and send it to BVA.

But a Politician can in fact have an impact on "a" deciding factor for your claim. My step dad (Who is now with Jesus Christ) was a Korean War Veteran. He had so much shrapnel in him that he would setup every metal detector this is. Anyway, he was over at Bay Pines MC for a stay for medical issues related to his service connected ratings. I think he was only like 60% and while in bed a State Vet Rep came in and seen him and ask him what he could do for him. And my step dad said "You can get me some more money so I can properly live right financially"...He really didn't need the money because he was pretty darn rich and had money in the bank. Well about 2 months later he gets a letter in the mail and it stated the VA has upped his rating and gave him TDIU 100% P&T.

So, you tell me how did this happen without him filing a claim for TDIU? Politicians can have an influence on your decision but they don't have the power to speed things up. Its a 50-50 toss up.

The state vet rep (not a politician) probably filed the claim for increase, along with the then current in patient medical evidence that had accrued.

The RD should spell it all out.

jmho

My VSO with the DAV acted as if the FL 10-02 had no weight in getting my retro payment processed any quicker and advised me to be more patient. When I felt, that since I have been at this claim since 2005, and the VARO told my VSO they were waiting to pay me, that is when I had my Congressman forward the letter to the VARO. Maybe that letter will carry a heavier load.

what has your DAV rep done that has helped you?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use