Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman

Rate this topic

Closure

But a Politician can in fact have an impact on "a" deciding factor for your claim. My step dad (Who is now with Jesus Christ) was a Korean War Veteran. He had so much shrapnel in him that he would setup every metal detector this is. Anyway, he was over at Bay Pines MC for a stay for medical issues related to his service connected ratings. I think he was only like 60% and while in bed a State Vet Rep came in and seen him and ask him what he could do for him. And my step dad said "You can get me some more money so I can properly live right financially"...He really didn't need the money because he was pretty darn rich and had money in the bank. Well about 2 months later he gets a letter in the mail and it stated the VA has upped his rating and gave him TDIU 100% P&T.

So, you tell me how did this happen without him filing a claim for TDIU? Politicians can have an influence on your decision but they don't have the power to speed things up. Its a 50-50 toss up.

How did this happen? Well to start with, how about the fact that a report of hospitalization is an inferred claim for increase! It is also very likely this "State Vet Rep" had something to do with it. But a "State vet rep" would most likely be a person working with your state's department of military and veterans affairs. Everyone I have ever spoke with at a reps or senators office was a "liason".

Who a person's congressperson is will have a great deal to do with how much juice they have with the VA.

When a congress critter is up for re-ellection they seem to get just a bit more aggressive with the VA as well.

Many variables contribute to the cause and the ultimate outcome. Once I thought a congressional inquiry did help my situation. Another one a couple of years later seems to have upset certain individuals, and once I saw they were willing to misrepresent what is written in M21-1MR and what was in the written record in a letter to a congressman, I knew my file wasn't moving until some individual at the regional office wanted it too. Remember don't call down the thunder unless you are willing to live with the lightning!

I turned in my information release form for a congressional inquiry just this past week.The VLJ ordered a partial grant and also a remand on 02/03/2014 . I made contact with my VSO about retro payment status on 03/24/2014, he then contacted the Nashville RO and there response about the retro is they are withholding payment until the remand was complete. I feel this goes against the VA Fast Letter 10-02 and I feel the only way I can have any influential contact with that Regional Office is by a congressional inquiry. Retro pay is over 20k, so I am determined. I will keep you updated on my situation in case of success or failure.

depends on how much backscratching has gone on between the RO and the congressmans office. I believe if the RO can put a congressmans office in a position of " favor", then it vanquishes the offices ability to go '' dig in thier asses" and cause static for them, by holding inquries, investigations and so on.

Hey Margie at the RO, I have a veteran who REALLY needs your help, seems he is a cousin of a friend of ours, but dont let that influence your choice to expediate his claim or approve his claim one bit now.

Ok congressmans liason Mary, we will do what we can.

Violla all is well and cousin Lucky ass gets his claim approved.

2 weeks later, Joe Schmoe Veteran comes in to complain abt his maladies and gross dissatisfaction with the VA. And complains to the liason abt how hes been getting screwed for the last 10 years. Congressmans liason does a big horse and pony show, and goes to the RO with thier hat in thier hand, in a begging posture, and kneels down , kissing thier hand, begging for mercy for this poor veteran. Thats all they can do, because they comprimised thier integrity, and sold out thier office for thier own personal gain. Does this happen? you damned right it does.

heres what really happens when u do a congressional. I did one.

you fill out a form, authorizing release of information to the congressmans office. The congressmans liason, contacts the RO liason, and the claim gets pulled and put in a special area. At this time, it is called special correspondence on ebennies. The congressmans Liason who doenst know jack shit abt how the VA works, forwards your questions to the RO liason who has special training in giving bulllshit answers to the congressional Liason.

Abt every 30 days, they will be a message to you via your congrssmans stationary. Take note of its high quality, crisp, regal properties, and look at the official seal. Now you got it going on bubba louie. WRONG.

At this time, all the goons at the va are doing is sifting thru your claim, making sure they can cover their butts, should the tarbaby start rolling down hill, and an investigation, congressional inquiry, ect be opened on your claim. If all is well with the world, and there is no arrestable offenses jumping out of the claims folder, they let it sit. The claim will be worked in the order it is in. It will just be monitored, and made sure not to, fall thru the cracks in the floor, and into the woods behind the varo to be used as squirrel bedding material . So get a conressional inquiry if you want, but its really a horse and pony show. CONGRESS HAS NO POWER OVER THE VA. PERIOD. ALL THEY CAN DO IS HARRASS AND BADGER THEM. VA HAS NO SHAME.

If the RO has buried your drawers in the courtyard and put a spell on you, there aint nothing going to change thier minds. just get in line with the masses and go see a judge. maybe if enough of us do it, they will just dismantle the RO and everybody will have to go see a judge, when denied get a lawyer and get it done , just like SS.

There has to be just as many or more SS claims as there are VA claims, why is SS so much more effiecient?

They have eliminated a cesspool of stagnation, by not having places for the claims to fester/

Edited by 63SIERRA

However, if The VAMC is dragging feet on medical treatment, notify your congressman. An inquiry of this type usually expedites medical treatment, though it makes the VA mad. I even had a doctor tell me I should call my rep to expedite treatment.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use