Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Complete Woohoo 100%

Rate this topic

Navy04

Thank you guys so much for all the kind words. The 2K is thru the VA Caregiver Program. Due to my disabilities my Mental and Physical Docs put me in for the program, I had not even heard of this program. It took us about 4 months to get approved. The VA assigned me a Caregiver Support Coordinator at the Dallas VA and he contacted my Docs to fill out some forms to see if I qualified. Then they interviewed my Wife and went over my Medical Disabilities and Meds. Then, based on how bad my conditions are I was awarded the Highest Level which is 2K a month. There are 3 levels based on your Health Needs: Level 1 $500, Level 2 $1000 and Level 3 is $2000 a Month. Then they approved my Wife and she had to complete an Online Training and take a Test, it took about 6 hours to complete online. Next a Nurse will come out here to my Home in the next week or so, and see if I need Handicap Bar by Toilet, in Shower and make sure home is safe. Then the Nurse will submit info to VA Coordinator and once signed off my Wife will get paid starting next month. My Coordinator said that less than 10% of Disabled Veterans get approved, so it can be a pain. SSDI is an Abbreviation for Social Security Disability Compensation, so I am considered to be 100% Disabled thru the Social Security Administration and will begin receiving $2200 a month, beginning next month.

YES YES YES!

I'm so happy for you! You must be so relieved this is finally over! Thank you for all your contributions to this forum. You have been sharing all your updates as you go through the process in detail-- and that really helps a lot of people, myself included. Especially knowing what to expect based on updates from eBenefits. I hope you will still hang around & share what worked for you with other vets here that still need help getting through this maze.

Time to party at Red Lobster!

Shyne-I some states also have Programs where a family member can care for another family member who needs help with daily activities like bathing cooking shopping etc.--And get paid to do so. In California it is called "in home support service". Check if there's any programs similar to that in your state.

That is so funny, My Wife took me to Red Lobster today. I haven't been out of my house much except for Dr. Appts. I will always be on here. I don't like the guys that get 100% then they disappear. God Bless and good luck to all of u, is what I wish every day. I know that my Dealings with the Govt is not over, as they are always looking for a catch to screw us. Thanks again and I hope you hear something soon with your husband. I am just waiting for the BBE to see how the %s break down.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use