VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Suddenly Rushing Through Claims?

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

Can anyone tell me what just happened?

I looked at my claim on ebenefits today and it latterly changed in front of my eyes. It went from Gathering Evidence to Preparing a Decision. Skipping review of evidence.

I called my friend who was at the same point of gathering evidence. He told me his did the same thing. Several of my friends claims did the same thing.

I called my DAV rep and he said they were almost finished with it. I asked how that could be. Just last week he said it would be a while go ahead and schedule an appointment for an IMO.

This leads me to believe something is going on and I don't feel we are getting a fair review.

Is anyone else in this situation?

• HadIt.com Elder

Moved again to Preparation for Notification. Moved the whole claim in little over a month. Now why can't they do this all the time.

Chuck,

I hope they don't think it is a request for increase. None of the new claim has to do with my original claim that is under appeal.

I'll keep everyone posted.

The VA has a legal obligation by law to consider any benefits that the veteran might be eligible for. (Not that they follow it, unless they gain some benefit, such as a delay.)

Many of the appeals are partially based upon the fact that the VA did not do so. A common one is that the VA does not automatically consider SMC, even when the evidence shows that the veteran is entitled to it. A claim/case I'm aware of in the appeals process is that of a veteran with a 100% P&T single rating, and additional ratings beyond the 100%, that if added up using conventional math, would equal another 100% or more, for a total of at or above 200%. The appeal was administratively granted in part, but did not mention SMC.

(Back to the appeals process, in other words)

• HadIt.com Elder

I had TDIU plus 60% and I got HB via a CUE. The VA never would have granted "S" if I did not claim it. I did get $8500 in retro. However, if the VA can miss granting "S" they can miss other things as well. If you don't claim if you often won't get it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed for two new service connections in April (Last month). No exams, no nothing and a decision is in the mail. Not sure if this is good or bad. Seems unreal. I'll post when my decision comes in.

I'm with St Pete/Bay Pines and all I am hearing is denied, denied, denied. Including a couple of mine. I think they are clearing their desks off. This was happening before all of this stuff in the news. I was hoping it might have some positive effect, but my Lawyer says don't count on it.

I'm in the same St Pete sinking boat mags. That is one mean bunch of people down there. I have many claims since 1998.....All Denied.