Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success...i Guess?

Rate this topic

SilentBob

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep it is a sad day when the government actually says you are disabled. But the security that has been lacking is worth it.

Yes, congrats on your win.

The money help pay the bills but no amount of money will replace the quality of life a veteran loses. I would rather be able to go back to work but I doubt that will ever happen.

Never give up

I am sorry for what you are going thru bud. I know how you feel, I was active duty for 10 years, and spent 5 in OIF/OEF. Next thing you know the Navy tossed me out the Door last Feb 13, on a Medical Retirement. I collect $7500 a month know between all the Govts. Very grateful yet still feel like the Govt used me up then gave me the boot. God Bless you and your family, and good luck in life.

I didn't even get a medical. I was one of those that had a mental health diagnosis and then got a "general under honorable conditions" discharge with a code that indicated "condition not a disability."

Funny how my "not a disability" diagnosis got a 70% disability award all by itself (it was the other two that boosted it to an overall 90%).

What's more...annoying...is the knowledge that my discharge type led to absolutely zero mention of VA care or benefits when they were shoving me out the door 11 years ago. That's 11 years of benefits and treatment I missed out on.

I feel your pain my friend. As if any amount of money will ever make us whole, or heal those wounds that time will never really heal completely. I am not done with my fight by no means, but I can imagine how you feel. The benefits will never amount to what you have lost, there are some things that you can't mend, however, it is what you do with your life from now and the time you have left on this earth that will make the difference. The time you have left with loved ones, the help you can offer others, make the best of what you have, be at peace with yourself and I think your quality of life will be much better. I try to practice this myself, most times I keep my demons away. JMHO. Take care and enjoy the victory. It IS a victory. Best wishes.

• HadIt.com Elder

. I don't feel any better.

Same here,'SilentBob". My win feels like unfinished business... Bittersweet. Many CUEs I could raise. But I just want to get it finished. Done. Over... Yet it still lingers. Belive me , you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings, as you can see here on many of these posts.
So, I will push on, motivated in part, by the many members of Hadit here, and the need for justice.
I have found some solace in music. Here is one that has helped...
Best Regards,
Cmdr. Bob

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use