Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A Specific C&p For Iu?

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

After receiving my 60% for IHD and total of 80% I filed for IU...It was talked about in other threads about listing the specific contention that causes the IU...I listed them all as suggested in that thread. When the claim finely started to move, the VA opened contentions for an increase in everything I listed (IHD, DMII, PN upper and lower extremities). I was scheduled a C&P that covered all of these things, but the form I received concerning the C&P's listed all the contentions, but nothing about IU.

Is this the normal way they do things? My concern is that as far as I am concerned, my IU is based on the combined disability of all the contentions together, not specific contentions getting worse. I am afraid they will take each contention for an increase created by the VA, disapprove an increase in each and then use that to disapprove the IU......

Can anyone give me any info on how this might work???

Also one other question, the C&P doc noted that I had hypertension. I have a history of HTN going back almost 40 years. It is pretty well controlled by meds, as I take three different ones for the BP as well as other heart problems. He ask a lot of questions about the HTN. I have never filed for that as I said, it is pretty well controlled so I don't have a bunch of high readings in my doctor visits. I never had had the multiple readings done for mulitiple days. Could the C&P doc write up the HTN, then the VA maybe rate it?? Or, should I start another contention for the HTN now while I already have all these other contentions in the mill. Or, should I wait and see what they do with what they have?? They have had this claim since Sep. 2013.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, stupid me, I just read the fast letter concerning exactly what I had ask concerning all the different increases they opened. So that part is answered. But, do they still consider all the different contentions together for TDIU, Or do they look at each separately and say something like "does this cause TDIU?" and go through each contention listed. If that is the case seems they would never look at all of them conbined to cause the IU.....or, in other words seems the only way to get the IU now is to also really be rated at 100% anyway. Seems like they have just pretty much eliminated TDIU.

Am I out in left field??

This brings up a paranoia on my part: If you get a C&P for all the conditions you list and the "NEW" C&P doc disagrees with the first one, will the VA use that as evidence for a reduction instead of TDIU?

Snake Eyes,, your question makes me think of how they reviewed one of my ratings to see if they could change it so they could reduce or remove one of my conditions and ratings so I would no qualify for TDIU filing.. so now it looks like al that time was wasted, as it was also used as a stall to avoid giving me TDIU, or at least delay it... so now I have to wait even longer because of al the time wasted when they sent me for a C&P exam for an old issue I won a claim for many years ago... so now I am back to where my claim started before that run-around...