VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retroactive Back Pay.

Rate this question

Archer

Question

My claim is scheduled to close tomorrow for my backpay.

Does anyone know if it does close how long till the backpay hits the bank?

Also does information only get updated on our claims whenever the site is down?

Archer,

If the medical bills were due solely to a now SC'd condition

I WOULD TRY TO GET VA TO PAY IT.

If not - dont just hand the total bill over and pay it all - you can work with them a little and quite

easily get it down AT LEAST 50 %.

This retro money wont just come around again.

Spend wisely

Also, IMO - There is absolutely NO WAY I would get a CD of 10 K, with the intent to borrow

against it, as there WILL BE penalties for doing that.

That's not even near a logical way to rebuild your credit and very POOR financial advice IMO.

Got a secured loan from a deposit from savings account. Also have a secured credit card line. I was told that having both of these will show positive on my credit profile in about a week or two I will post how they worked for or against me. I bought two vehicles with 11k and added them to my insurance.. Alstate is a bit expensive but yea that's besides the point switching to usaa insurance in two months. I mean 1k for 3 vehicles is crazy expensive 55 per vehicle per month.. 30k in savings + 12k in back up funds and 8k in cash.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can swing a tiny loan from your bank and then pay it off rapidly that will help your credit rating a lot. You do that a couple of times and your credit will start to smell sweet. Same with credit card with 1000 dollar max. Get it, and use it and pay off every month. Your credit recovers. Miss a payment and you are in the toilet. Get a gas card and pay every month. They just want to see that you pay your bills on time.

8k cash down to 4k due to paying bills off and getting house in valdosta ga to rent hmm new bills and stuff out of 3k a month im down to roughly 500 i can save. Thats until parents can get jobs then more round 1k a month...

Yeppers - it goes real fast.