VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

MPsgt

FYI....Combat Veterans need to utilize VetCenters. Especially, if you're struggling with your local VAMC. I was slowly and eventually completely becoming disappointed with my Veteran Affairs Medical Center. I've always depended on the counselors at the VetCenter and I truly believe they helped save my life. Just keep in mind. The VAMC doesn't have access to your treatment records at any VetCenter. Therefore, if you need the VetCenters treatment records to support your claim. You'll need to request such information from a particular counselor at the VetCenter. They will provide you a letter of support. Which you in turn will need to submit.

• HadIt.com Elder

I submitted a letter from a vet center counselor that said I had severe and chronic PTSD. The VA just ignored it. They only thing that moved them were my IME's from shrinks. I used one IME from a psychiatrist who used to work at the VA. She killed them. The VA just incorporated her entire letter into my decision. Now that is an IME if you can get one. It cost me a few dollars that my insurance did not cover. I had three IME's when I got TDIU P&T finally. I really had to fight those VA monsters. They denied my TDIU, my P&T and my two SMC's. It was a fight all the way. I tell people that "yes, you can get more than 100% disability" but you probably don't want to.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Slight correction the VAMC does not have access but the VARO does if you gave permission.

I submitted a letter from a vet center counselor that said I had severe and chronic PTSD. The VA just ignored it. They only thing that moved them were my IME's from shrinks. I used one IME from a psychiatrist who used to work at the VA. She killed them. The VA just incorporated her entire letter into my decision. Now that is an IME if you can get one. It cost me a few dollars that my insurance did not cover. I had three IME's when I got TDIU P&T finally. I really had to fight those VA monsters. They denied my TDIU, my P&T and my two SMC's. It was a fight all the way. I tell people that "yes, you can get more than 100% disability" but you probably don't want to.

John

When you got to go all over the place to find a IMO at great time and expense I call it a VA crime.

They have tons of doctors that specalize in Veterans problems and we gotta go outside for IMO"S?

Bull Sheite! If we band together and march on the RO with local TV and Newspaper coverage we will get the "duty to assist" part of their job exposed.

Would that look cool??? A great big sign that says "THE VA HAS A DUTY TO ASSIST" That includes getting medical opinions that favor the veteran.

This site would not exist if the VA executed their Duty to Assist. They would help the Vet get his claim fairly processed with all the missing pieces that it needed.

Herding Cats again?

• HadIt.com Elder

You know if VA makes clear and unmistakable error in your claim you cannot point to VA's duty to assist. The VA does not always have duty to assist. They believe they have duty to shaft.

Yes Duty to Assist is misleading. What it boils down to is they should help you if you hand feed everything to them. Like medical records. If you list the VAMC., but dont give them dates of treatment, they can shaft you. I am proof of that and have it in writing, IUt says .. " Treatment center listed but no dates"... DENIED.

And a little icing on that cake, when I started smelling the decomposition of a rat, and told my DAV rep that they were claiming they didnt have the evidence needed to approve my claim, and he kept assuring me,, They got it, they got it, Im sure they got it, they do this all the time.

Then it turns out, THEY DONT GOT IT. TALK ABT PISSED OFF.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use