VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

MarkInTexas.....your strategy is exactly my strategy when I apply for TDIU.......IME/IMO with Dr. Ellis backed by a Anaise IMO/Lawyer.    Got the IME in play and two MD's in your corner.  I'd say that would be a very good hand in a game of poker with VA.

Edited by Wayne TX

Wayne, good thinking.  Yes, I tried to go at it from every angle, and it has paid off so far.  I still have a few things on appeal, and thus far I’ve handled it at the VARO level.

However, I still have a few things left on appeal with the BVA, so we’ll see what’s over that hill in a few months/years.  It’s been a long battle.

Good luck, and never give up!

Mark

I hope to get all my decisions done at VARO level, but I already got two denied and now Form 9 perfected and next up Hearing Judge at some point.   I should know something one way or another by May on the rest of appeals still cooking at VARO going on nearly 2 years now.   Been a process ever since 2009 with more time yet to come no doubt.

Yes, I have used David Anaise, MD , JD in Tucson , Arizona. I won my TDIU case at the BVA and I hope I will win the Remand for the frostbite back date to 12/1979. I really believe that I would not have won my case if it hadn't been for David Anaise. Great job stating laws and cases won by other Veterans and well worth the money. I owe him many thanks for a great job.

<<<<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me>>>>>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So let me see if I have this straight. You contacted him about doing some business. <<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File.>>>>

In order to view your claims file, by law, he has to have your POA. How would you write a nexus letter for a Vet without reviewing all the medical records he has? We have to be able to make sure your claim is legitimate or run the risk of losing our accreditation. 

<<<<<He wants 20% of my back pay if we win.>>>>>>  That's standard procedure. He also gets 0% of your money if he loses. You can charge up to 33% if you go to the CAVC. The 20% is pretty much all he makes for his work. He's a doctor and he can legally be your attorney as well as your nexus doctor. Do you have any idea what it costs in college funds and time invested to obtain an MD as well as Juris Doctorate? $1500 for a nexus is $500 less than most  doctors I deal with. A lot of us obtain a nexus opinions for our clients and I pay for it out of my own pocket sometimes. The Vet pays it back when he prevails. 

<<<<<<<If I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.>>>>>  So the idea is to go find another guy who will do it for $1500? All the outfits I use to obtain nexus letters charge $2,000. Why would you have to fire him?  If everyone could just give an atty. the boot before they won, there would not be much of an incentive for doing this. Would anyone think it fair to help a Vet to the finish line just to get kicked in the teeth and screwed out of your pre-agreed upon amount?

<<<<<<I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me. >>>>>>

I have to turn down 80% of the folks who approach me. I don't even have enough time to be with family. For every attorney/agent out here in America, there are probably 20 Vets chasing us on any given day asking for representation. Dr. Anaise would have to pay a shrink to do a PTSD nexus because he isn't a psychiatrist/psychologist. Call up an attorney and ask them how much they charge to win an automobile accident. Yep. 40%. Some take 45%. 

As for reaching out and helping: By law, we are not allowed to "cold-call" Vets looking for new clients. You have to contact us. Even then, we are required to ask your permission to do anything. We can't just agree with the VA examiner to a 0% for tinnitus the way the VSOs do. 

While I'm not the biggest fan of these kinds of doctor/lawyers, they do help Vets win. If you keep losing, it's because you're not doing it right. Trying to find a cheap nexus is not something I'd do. VA is well-aware of Dr. Anaise as well as Dr. Bash. Your claim also gets the hairy eyeball when their names pop up at the RO.

And, as a last bit of advice. I don't want to come across as being mean or uncaring. I wouldn't  camp out next to the phone. I doubt Dr. Anaise will be returning your calls or emails. There were 19 other guys in line behind you that Memorial Day.

11 hours ago, asknod said:

<<<<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me>>>>>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So let me see if I have this straight. You contacted him about doing some business....

...And, as a last bit of advice. I don't want to come across as being mean or uncaring. I wouldn't  camp out next to the phone. I doubt Dr. Anaise will be returning your calls or emails. There were 19 other guys in line behind you that Memorial Day.

Alex,

1) This original post is over 4 years old.

2) The OP stated on the first page of this thread that:

"...he and I were not on the same page. We emailed each other yesterday. He though I wanted him to represent me legally and all I wanted was a nexus letter..."

3) I'm sure he won't be camping out by the phone, he won his claims over 3 years ago.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use