VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

Roger that, Eli. I merely put this information up for any to read. The premises are still valid on attorney/client fee agreements as well as the technique of cementing your appeal at the Board and making it remand-proof. 

Always remember, knowledge will give you the power to win. Advice, while freely given here,  should be verified. That's why we do this. Occasionally, I read comments on this site that make my hair stand on end. I've learned to bite my tongue and keep my counsel to myself. If I only helped one Vet by posting this, then that's one more who benefited. 

So many Vets. So little time.

starfish story.JPG

You really are only concerned with his success rate handling cases identical to yours. What is his experience with your Appeal issues?

On 6/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, asknod said:

VA is well-aware of Dr. Anaise as well as Dr. Bash. Your claim also gets the hairy eyeball when their names pop up at the RO.

I cannot speak to Dr. Bash, I did try to contact him  many times but he just didn't respond. I did pay Dr. Anaise for a Medical opinion on two issues, one for a knee injury secondary to the other knee, and one for sleep apnea. It turned out I didn't need the opinion on sleep apnea, because the VA c/p examiner, stated that with my other medical conditions it was more likely than not that sleep apnea occurred on  active duty, This was a claim 31 years after I retired with nothing in the medical records about apnea, until 25 years after retirement. The knee opinion was completely overlooked by the rater, he called it medical evidence, which was BS, so the knee issue is on appeal. I only paid $1500,  for the IMO's, and they were very well thought out,.... I did have to supply all the medical records pertaining to the issues which he states he destroys later.   

What do you mean by the hairy eyeball comment ?  Is that some kid of code that you think they think they are quacks? Really maybe I am dense, but don't really understand the comment.

The knee opinion was completely overlooked by the rater, he called it medical evidence, which was BS, so the knee issue is on appeal. I only paid $1500,  for the IMO's, and they were very well thought out,..."

If you claimed the knee situations specifically - and the VA obviously had the IMO- if they

"completely overlooked by the rater, " they they committed a CUE due to violation of 38 CFR 4.6.

Do you have a VSO or vet rep?

I think the 'hairy eyeball' comment means  (in my opinion) these 2 well known IMO/IME doctors can prepare opinions that make the VA C & P doctors look like quacks.

I have  a copy of a very nice letter former VA Secretary Mansfield sent to Dr. Bash, thanking him for the work he has done on behalf of veterans,regarding the claims system. This was quite some time ago before I knew him. 

Maybe 2000 or 2001- the VAROs and the OGC were giving him a lot of crap.It stopped when he fought back.

The radio show last night with Dr Bash was good- all of his shows are

I used Dr. Anaise for a nexus letter, for apnea secondary to sinus condition and increase in IBS rating.  60 page IMO that was highly professional.  I passed this through RAMP supplemental and they granted the IBS bump but not the apnea. Mine is a case where I asked to see an ENT in service but was not afforded an opportunity; 1st surgery was 5mo out of service. (back then few had heard of apnea and the surgery I had is known to delay detection of apnea as it reduces snoring but not AHI).  I expected even /w IMO this would need to go to BVA, etc. since there is a clear high rate of denied apnea claims. RAMP supplemental was very fast.  Because it is new, it took them several months to get into the system right, but once in, processed in less than 3 mo.  I plan to use Dr. Anaise for appeal.  Now, if I could just find an old photo of me on crutches for the left knee injury unclaimed --- then I could prove the single entry in my file showing R knee dislocation mentioned was in error - I still remember which I dislocated and took a right across town for...  ouch. 

Hairy eyeball:

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/hairy-eyeball.html

What's the meaning of the phrase 'The hairy eyeball'?

A glance made with partially lowered eyelashes. This usually indicates suspicion or hostility but may signal other emotions too

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/give_someone_the_hairy_eyeball

Stare at someone in a disapproving or angry way, especially with one's eyelids partially lowered.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hairy Eyeball

When someone looks you up and down in a judgemental way.

The hairy eyeball is the death stare.
Its the look somone gets when theyre hearing a bunch of bull, or they are glaring at their worst enemy, parent, great aunt-gladdie, teacher, employer, stalker, neighborhood arsonist-pedaphile-rapist, nosey neighbor, siblings, that 13 year old and her friends following you around the mall because your so attractive.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hairy_eyeball

hairy eyeball (plural hairy eyeballs)

1. (slang) A look askance at someone; a look of disdain or skepticism.
    He was giving me the hairy eyeball.
  2. (slang) A fond look at someone while batting one's eyelashes.
    He was telling me about a girl looking at him and he said, "She gave me the hairy eyeball." That meant she liked him.
    (Second variation as first used and decribed on television, in the TV show "Hazel" 4/6/1962).

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use