Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Review Your C&p Exams

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

I see references here to reviewing C&P exams and it seems like some members are getting copies the same or next day. I live a long way from our VAMC and I requested by fax a copy of both C&P exams using a medical records requst form. Is that the correct procedure?

Yes. Like navy04 said, The fastest way to get it is on ebenefits in my healthy vet using the blue button-notes feature.

It should show up 3 to 5 days after the doc signs off on it.

Sometimes they will not release mental health evaluations though.

If you faxed a request to the release of information office that should work too. If you don't get it within three days you should probably follow-up with a phone call, they get pretty busy.

Edited by NavyWife

• HadIt.com Elder

You can review your C&P exam but you can't change it except by showing gross flaws and demanding another exam. Usually, the best course is to get IME/IMO to destroy a bad C&P exam. I spent a couple of years trying to get a new C&P. I got a new one just as bad as the old one. Then I got wise via Hadit and got private IME's and I won big.

Think of the money you spend on an IME as an investment that can pay off 1000% immediately.

John

I don't know if I'm the only one to experience this, but depending on the type of C&P exam you have, you might not be able to view it on myhealthevet site.

I've had 4 out of the my last 5 (recent) exams come up like this. They are entered on my blue button file but states that: "you may not view this completed C&P exam."

I've talked to the ROI people at my hospital and they say that I have to go through my RO now to get them. Strange thing is, they uploaded a copy of my hearing loss/tinnitus exam for me to see on my blue button file. There was just one mental health exam, so I don't know why I'm not allowed to see the other ones.

Just a heads up.