Permanent Disability Rating

flyfisher

Question

I already have a combined 100% service connected for several health issues. When applying for permanent rating should I link it to specific diagnosis on the statement in support of claim. Or should i just make a basic statement like " I am writing to request a permanent rating" and let them decide which diagnosis I am referring to. I just dont want to write too little or too much. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

flyfisher

If you have a doctor that will work with you and he knows your issues that would be a plus. But if you don't have medical records to back it up i would not try it. Im also looking into requesting 100 pt. But I'm making sure my docs are writing proper letters. I go every 6 months so i have some paperwork to back me up. Hopefully i will get a good rater and not try to nick pick the paperwork. Wording seems to be everything!!

I have been thinking about doing this also. Nothing I have is cureable or will get better, only worse or stay the same. I am currently at 90% (85.7%) and just had my knee replaced, the other is not far behind. My fear is getting lowered somehow and not getting P&T. I had one guy from the DAV tell me to put in for it and when I did the counselor I was assigned to looked at me like I had two heads, so I withdrew my request. I also have only been rated for two years but do have 30 years of medical evidence. If anyone has experience with this let me know and I will send you what I am rated for, I would appreciate feedback.

• Subscription Holder

To get P&T you must be 100% or TDIU. Are you working? If you are not able to work you should also file for SSDI. If you are 100% or TDIU for at least a year then your condition is static which means P&T.