Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Perm And Totally Disabled

Rate this topic

nono50

Congrats on your win. It does make a whole lot of difference being P&T, and it's great. Sad part of it all, is the pain we have to endure for the rest of our lives. I would be happy to trade my P&T for a painless body, especially a good left eye which is blind, and better eye sight for the right eye.

But, since that miracle won't happen, I guess I might as well make the best of it, and enjoy the benefits.

Good luck, and God Bless.

Aggie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider sending any medical bills you paid for out of pocket retroactively back to the effective date of your P&T status to ChampVA, this includes pharmacy. You will need the actual billing forms the docs sent in along with any Explanation of Benefits if you had insurance. If not, ask the doctor(s) to print you a claim form; the ChampVA folks are very friendly, at least that has been my experience. Pharmacy billings are easier to get - just go to the pharmacy or, many have online access now, and request an itemized billing of all expenditures. You have one year from the date of your P&T if I remember correctly. It can be worth the extra effort...

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

In addition to the great advice from everyone, definitely look into the Chapter 35 education benefits for your wife and kids (if you have any).

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use