Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success From Dr. Bash

Rate this question

callover007

Question

I have posted this question prior. I would like to hear of a successful case with an IMO submitted by Dr. Bash. I read where he wrote a great IMO but I have not received any feedback on his success in getting a claim awarded. Please post your claim granted by the VA based on Dr. Bash's IMO and what it was granted for. I hear where alot of people used him or talked to him but no one saying they won their case because of him. With all the talk there should be a lot of replies.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Callover,

With a GAF of 38, you should be receiving 100%. What percent are you drawing?

I have 100% Pension - fighting for 100% Service Connection for Anxiety, Depression and Headaches.

Josephine

I get 70% for depression. Doctor said depression secondary to lung cancer, but wrote in C & P that looking in my service records, med records, stressors,PH, and CAB, and talking I have PTSD. VA did not ask about PTSD so they just wrote for depression. I'm awaiting reconsideration on lungs and IU so I'll wait before I appeall.

name='Josephine' date='Sep 29 2006, 06:00 PM' post='27906']

Callover,

With a GAF of 38, you should be receiving 100%. What percent are you drawing?

I have 100% Pension - fighting for 100% Service Connection for Anxiety, Depression and Headaches.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Callover,

I believe that you will win your 100% as you deserve.

You are completely and 100% unemployable with your GAf of 38. There is no way that they can deny you, that I can think of.

I have been told, had I filed later than 1978, for anxiety, depression and headaches, I would have also come under PTSD.

When all is said and done, I can at least say, after 42 years, someone is reading and looking at my military and private medical files and as to why I received an early discharge.

The reason for my early discharge seems to be a big thing with the BVA. I have told them all along, my nerves were shot and I was taking caffergot for headaches and librium for my nerves, and this was in service.

I did secure a letter from my treating physican in the Navy to clarify all of his medical records of me and his role in my early discharge.

I will continue to fight, as I am at the Management Center of the BVa.

Keep going strong, as I find that the members of this site, give me the encouragement that I need.

I have listen to these members for 3 years and they have gotten me where I am today.

Take Care,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Callover-I agree-based on your GAF and awards-

I certainly feel you should get 100% or TDIU too-

a good move on your part was to ask for the reconsideration on the lung disability-

I know you deal with alot- and I am thinking this- need others to chime in-

Since they give you a pension-if it is based at all on the anxiety and depression- I would think that they could give you a EED that is comparable to whatever part of the pension is due to what they could service connect.

I mean for example- say the VA gave you pension for Anxiety in 2003 and then give you TDIU soon-

wouldn't the VA have to determine a rate back to the pension date and then make a staggered rating for more money?

Say a vet gets pension for PTSD (yet the VA considers his PTSD as NSC)but has no proof of nexus and then he gets nexus asteablished and fully supports a SC PTSD claim years later- why would he not be eligible for a retro that might be 100% less what he got in the pension?

Does that make sense?

You and I have had a little tiff- but regardless Callover I do believe in your claim for TDIU and I do want you to get all the comp you deserve.

The TDIU award at least will take some stress off and then you can continue to deal with the rest of the claims-

Berta,

I received my rating in Jun-2006. It was dated back from filing date or after convelesant award, which was mar 05. I received letter in June and immediatly ask for reconsideration and IU. They will have to back date either one (lungs or IU) to the claim date of Mar 05. That will be the difference from 90% to 100%. Figure it will take at least 5 to 8 months. At least I'm getting my pay now. Had to fight them on tax with-holding for my seperation bonus but I finally one that and get my actual check now instead of paying back.

I feel you have done very well Callover- and again -I commend you on filing for the Reconsideration.

I am beginning to think more vets should take that route-I filed a Reconsideration request on my CUE denial-the denial was pretty bizarre and they are working on the reconsideration.

If they send a denial that is blatantly wrong a vet can sure request that they reconsider their decision and base this request on the evience and facts of the claim.

The bad part is that it is not a formal NOD unless the vet tells them that-if the request is denied consider the request to be a NOD.

Or just send the NOD before the year is up of they have not acted on the Request.