VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All C&p's Done At Once

Rate this question

hubbardsw

Question

After yesterday's decent PTSD I was hoping for a good exam today. I hate to say today wasn't so pleasant. I had my initial C&p for all claims done at once. The Dr. Started by sitting in front of the computer and asking some questions. He kept asking if my claimed condition were in service. I had to tell him multiple times I retired from the USMC just last month after 20 years and every condition was in my medical records from both military and civilian Doctors and we're submitted to the VA. He acted as if he had not reviewed any medical records. He then proceeded with what appears to be the normal ROM test. However, he would only once in awhile take an actual measurement and only on the side of my body I wasn't claiming. I have a hip condition of my left hip that has included one surgery with out relief. A paralyzed left foot, lower back pain (left), broken left foot (3times) tendonitist in my left ankle/foot. Pinched l4/l5. The very first twist of my hip the dr. attempted caused severe pain in my hip, which effected every Rom of the left hip and back. As far as the left foot there is no ROM, however the dr. Didn't even attempt to take measurements of anything on the left side only the right, and even then he picked and chooses. When I would ask him a question about anything he would refuse to answer. Quoting he was allowed to have any discussion with the veteran. At the conclusion he apologized for causing any pain but stated he had to make sure veterans really had limited ROM and injuries and we're not just claiming it.

Really not sure how it went, during the exam he took only a few scribbles and again asked me if my injuries really occurred in the military. Seemed he was out to get me from the start and I overheard another veteran in the waiting room complaining to his wife about the same thing.

Not really sure how he can do a good job without actually reviewing all my service records at many of the complaints we'll documented and all of them being in-service nor only taking sporadic measurements.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hopefully the doctor's opinion will support your claims. However, in the event you are denied or low balled, I would start checking around for a private doctor who would be ready to give you a good IME and IMO to support your claimed conditions. You just need to have a good plan B in the event of bad news.

Good luck to you

Yes, do what georgiapapa suggests above. In the meantime, you can get a copy of your exams and see what the doc actually wrote, by going in person to the VAMC Release of Information office and ask for a copy. I'm assuming these C&Ps were done at the VAMC and not an outside contractor.