VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feeling Guilty

Rate this topic

toyotafan

Hi all,

First post. I finished up my C&P exam not too long ago. I submitted a quick start claim just before I left active duty. Just a few days ago, I saw a large deposit into my checking account. I thought it was for two months, but when I got onto e-benefits today I found my rating in one of the downloadable letters. I got rated at 50%.

Now, most of you on this forum are war veterans who rightfully deserve whatever compensation the gov't will give. However, I was never deployed. My job prospects on the outside are much better than in the .mil. It's hard to reconcile.

I haven't gotten any documentation from the VA, but what I claimed is fairly innocuous. I imagine most civilian bricklayers feel worse every day of their lives than what resulted from my military service.

Maybe it's my catholic upbringing, but man do I feel guilty about this.

You dont have to feel guilty. VA compensation is based on the 100% whole person concept. If due to injury, sickness, or loss of limb you are less than 100% whole upon discharging, you might be due compensation based on the ailment if you meet VA standards for compensation. Not all military personnel see the battle field; however the United States Military is a coordinated team effort of every branch and specialty code. The goal is to promote democracy, protect the constitution, and provide the light of opportunity for all. All service members play a part in the United States having the best military in the world.

I am always baffled when I read these types of post. My reply will always be the same. DO NOT SUBMIT THE CLAIM IF YOU FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT. I CAN GUARENTEE YOU THE VA CAN CAN CARE LESS ABOUT PAYING YOU FOR ANY OR YOUR SERVICE CONNECTION INJURIES/DISEASES!!!! Every barrel of apples will always have a good bad ones in them. The good will alway out weigh the bad....you have service men/women such as myself would give their ALL to be 100% healthy as appose to being any form of disabled less along 100%!!!!!!

Please do not feel guilty!!

The disabilities listed in the VA rating schedules are all valid disabilities.

Your claim had the proper evidence and doctors statements needed to prove your disability.

If it makes you feel better, donate some retro to a good cause!

Thanks to NavyWife and Fat for their kind words. It's nice to hear of it. I guess I should feel fortunate and not guilty. And I will most certainly make some donations with the money to charity. I wish everyone the best luck with their claims and I hope I did not come across as an ingrate.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use