VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Med Mal Vha Closed For Reorganization.....

Berta

"Thank you for contacting the OMI. Unfortunately, we are unable to take cases during the reorganization of our Office, but must refer them to the VA Office of the Inspector General. They may be reached at:

1 (800) 488-8244

[9:00am–4:00pm Eastern Time Monday–Friday excluding Federal holidays]

E-Mail: vaoighotline@va.gov

FAX: (202) 495-5861"

http://www.medicalinspector.va.gov/

And more from Ben Krause here:
In part....
"Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) has shut down the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) office responsible for investigating med mal at VA facilities during the most outrageous crisis in agency history.

Med mal is short for medical malpractice, which is an act of negligence that occurs when a health care provider harms a patient. At the root of many current VHA scandals is medical malpractice, where VHA doctors substantially deviated from the appropriate standard of care. Currently, many veterans are dead due to such deviations."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/08/26/va-shuts-investigator-med-mal-crisis/

There is more to this move on VA's part I am sure.

The assistant General Counsel VA recently referred me to VHA with some questions I had been asking OGC on this issue, and here the VHA is being 're organized'...yeah right...
and they are responsible for handling malpractice claims ( and the TRUE statistics) of how many veterans VA has really harmed or killed.

VA OIG never handled VA malpractice issues before.....

I bet this is holding up one of my FOIAs, and I guess I should send it to the IG instead.

There is more to this news than meets the eye..... and far more to VA then the public knows.

• HadIt.com Elder

the VA has retreated to stonewalling. I have put requests for consults and today my primary care Doc called me. He really would not discuss anything rationally he just told me he was sick of people badmouthing VA. I told him that I wanted service and I was not bad mouthing VA. Anyway he told me I would have to wait a long time to see a podiatrist just to get nails trimmed. I told him I was service connected for flat feet and I have neuropathy and the home care aide is not allowed to trim nails. I know that they are under pressure and now many Vets are objecting but they do not know me and once I get started it is hard to change course.

I have decided to become active again and I am going to push for medical service that is as least as good as medicare but should be as good as anyone who retires from Federal Government.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Thank you for contacting the OMI. Unfortunately, we are unable to take cases during the reorganization of our Office, but must refer them to the VA Office of the Inspector General. They may be reached at:

1 (800) 488-8244

[9:00am–4:00pm Eastern Time Monday–Friday excluding Federal holidays]

E-Mail: vaoighotline@va.gov

FAX: (202) 495-5861"

http://www.medicalinspector.va.gov/

And more from Ben Krause here:

In part....

"Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) has shut down the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) office responsible for investigating med mal at VA facilities during the most outrageous crisis in agency history.

Med mal is short for medical malpractice, which is an act of negligence that occurs when a health care provider harms a patient. At the root of many current VHA scandals is medical malpractice, where VHA doctors substantially deviated from the appropriate standard of care. Currently, many veterans are dead due to such deviations."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/08/26/va-shuts-investigator-med-mal-crisis/

There is more to this move on VA's part I am sure.

The assistant General Counsel VA recently referred me to VHA with some questions I had been asking OGC on this issue, and here the VHA is being 're organized'...yeah right...

and they are responsible for handling malpractice claims ( and the TRUE statistics) of how many veterans VA has really harmed or killed.

VA OIG never handled VA malpractice issues before.....

I bet this is holding up one of my FOIAs, and I guess I should send it to the IG instead.

There is more to this news than meets the eye..... and far more to VA then the public knows.

Re-organize is a beurocratic response that allows additional time to respond, and helps hide any personal responsibility.

It's a typical action after things "hit the fan".

Chuck , you are right!

(I think 're- organization' at VA is a euphemism for 'bring out the shredder'

And I did have a very interesting response the other day from the FBI on my FOIA......

BTW, I think I mentioned before here, maybe not......

The VAOIG ,if you gripe to them about the way VA is handling your claim, they will immediately respond to you to say the claims process is out of their jurisdiction.

If you send them a hotline complaint however on a valid patient safety issue, they will not only respond ASAP, they can get that stuff fixed fast I as one member here found ,when I suggested he send IG a hotline email.)

The IG has not responded to my hotline email at all...filed it in June........

I think it definitely caught their attention......and I felt part of it was that I raised a unique patient safety issue for all VA pts, that was a little involved, and also the stuff about my pending claim status seemed to indicate something fishy might be going on with my pending claim.

So I am glad they didn't respond to me yet at all.

Pete, I wish you vets all could get CHAMPVA like I have.

And certainly should take advantage of Medicare if they have that too.

There are wonderful smart and dedicated people at every level of the VA.

But many of them work side by side with incompetents.

Edited by Berta