VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Do I Appeal?

Rate this question

ctbenja1015

Question

I filed my claim through the Chicago Regional Office, as I was living in Illinois at the time. I have since moved to California. My claim is at the Preparing for Decision phase now. If, when, I need to appeal do I do it through the Regional Office here or Chicago? How do I get any appeals or claims moved to my new location? Just trying to be ready ahead of time.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

ctbenja 1015: A very interesting question, I'm not sure at this point, I will research the answer. However, at this point be sure your US mailing address is kept updated. If denied, I would send my NOD to the VARO holding your C-File. I think your looking at approx. 21/2 yrs for a DRO Personal Hearing. I've read where VA Appeals are brokered out to other VRO's for completion. If your using a VSO or not, it would be advisable to check with an experienced VSO regarding your questions on all aspects of your claim. Just remember, Trust but Verify. Quite often discussing your appeals and even basic claims questions with more than 1 VSO or VA Accredited Attorney, will provide different opinions. I have personally experienced this and it remains your responsibility to get as informed and knowledgeable as you can regarding your claims, appeals and VA Regulations.

Maybe all will be awarded and you won't have to appeal, YA.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Gastone, Fat and Philip thanks for the responses. Good advice. I

am sure everything will go through the first try....lol. Been on the phone all day with VA Education trying to get them to resend a certificate of eligibility so I can get them to pay and quit paying out of pocket. They no Longer accept phone requests over the phone...wtf.....have to send a letter requesting them to send a letter. With my luck everything will have to be appealed.