VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Beginning Yes!

Rate this topic

raptorick

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

I'll try this again. My post was lost.

"Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Service connection is denied because the required service in Vietnam is not shown, nor is there evidence of exposure to herbicides during military service. The evidence does not show the locations of your military service or the events you experienced therein qualify for the presumption of service connection for your disease."

I did not provide much evidence beyond stating that I served at Korat Thailand in 1969. I didn't have any help with my claim and concentrated mostly on the PTSD issues. I worked in the 388 Tac Fighter Wing Headquarters at Korat RTAFB and was responsible for destroying classified materials at a base incinerator weekly. I remember driving a jeep on a dirt road out to the incinerator which was surrounded by a fence with a locked gate which I had a key for. I can't find the incinerator on any of the maps I've located on the internet. I just remember it was dusty, windy and smokey out there. It must have been near the perimeter. I was an E-5 and visited the NCO Club regularly which is near the perimeter and I can't confirm the location of my living quarters but I believe they were near the perimeter also. So providing evidence will be very difficult in my estimation.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and the support. It feels like I've found lost brothers and sisters.

raptorick:

I was at Korat in 71' assigned to the 1998th Comm Sq. and worked on Camp Friendship, I've won sc for diabetes, PN second to diaabetes and IHD., I used a combination of photos, maps and buddy letter. If you caan remember anybody that you wworked with ask them to write you a buddy letter.

Rick

A Success is a success ,no matter what the rating....now your foot is in the door.

I am curious as to why they denied for the soft tissue sarcoma.

You seem to fit into the AO Thailand regs:

Thailand Military Bases and Agent Orange Exposure

"Vietnam-era Veterans whose service involved duty on or near the perimeters of military bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 may have been exposed to herbicides and may qualify for VA benefits.

The following Veterans may have been exposed to herbicides:

Plane flying above runway at U-Tapao Air Base

U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972

The National Archives

U.S. Air Force Veterans who served on Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bases at U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, and Don Muang, near the air base perimeter anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

U.S. Army Veterans who provided perimeter security on RTAF bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

U.S. Army Veterans who were stationed on some small Army installations in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. However, the Army Veteran must have been a member of a military police (MP) unit or was assigned an MP military occupational specialty whose duty placed him/her at or near the base perimeter.

- See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/thailand.asp#sthash.twQWZZUl.dpuf

Did they question that your MOS did not put you "near" the perimeter?

Did they under stand the STS definition?

There are so many STS cancers due to AO (the list is here at hadit) that, if a different medical term was used ,but this is a STS cancer, on the presumptive list, the VA can get confused.

Can you tell us why the VA denied the AO STS claim?

Do you have any other disability on the AO presumptive list that could have caused the PN?

Many AO vets have PN due to AO DMII .

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Service connection is denied because the required service in Vietnam is not shown, nor is there evidence of exposure to herbicides during military service. The evidence does not show the locations of your military service or the events you experienced therein qualify for the presumption of service connection for your disease."

I did not provide much evidence beyond stating that I served at Korat Thailand in 1969. I didn't have any help with my claim and concentrated mostly on the PTSD issues. I worked in the 388 Tac Fighter Wing Headquarters at Korat RTAFB and was responsible for destroying classified materials at a base incinerator weekly. I remember driving a jeep on a dirt road out to the incinerator which was surrounded by a fence with a locked gate which I had a key for. I can't find the incinerator on any of the maps I've located on the internet. I just remember it was dusty, windy and smokey out there. It must have been near the perimeter. I was an E-5 and visited the NCO Club regularly which is near the perimeter and I can't confirm the location of my living quarters but I believe they were near the perimeter also. So providing evidence will be very difficult in my estimation.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use