Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have A Question 100% Ratings

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I have a combine rating of 100%, but on ebenefits it say I am being paid at 100% because I am unemployable, I am also Total and Permanent with no future exams. All of my disabilities are physical so why do some people get 100% T&P and others get what I got and then some get 100% scheduler? Where can I find info on the difference between them and the benefits that comes with each one of them?

• HadIt.com Elder

With Chapter 35 if you get denied I would appeal that because it will take them a year at least to review your appeal. Then the VA has a year of records to look back on to see if there is improvement. This is what I did, and it took me about a year from the time I got TDIU to when I got P&T. I also threw in another IME to say again that I was permanently disabled. My doctors had already said it when I got TDIU. If you have SSD that is solid indication you are disabled for at least a year. Few who get SSDI ever go back to work and the VA knows this (but would they admit it?).

John

If you were at 80% SC and got a Single NEW SC rated at 60%, that would have only got you to 92% VA Math rounded down to 90% SC. What was the complete list of SC before the increase?

Semper Fi

Gastone

Scheduler means you can still work. If you are 70% for whatever disability and 60% for another, 60% for another, your disabilities may not keep you from working, so you can continue to work full time, and get 100% VA disability.

IU means you are not employable. You can not work. If you are 70% for whatever, but cannot work they will pay you at the 100% rate. If you return to work they will lower you to the 70% rate.

P&T means permanently disabled. That means you will not be scheduled for a reevaluation, and they believe that your disability is permanent. If you apply for new disabilities, they may re-evaluate your condition. I think P&T gives you more benefits than Scheduler or UI. Dependent education, Insurance for family, and other benefits.

So can you be 100% SC P&T and still work if the VA letter does NOT say "You are considered unemployable due to your disabilities" ?

Yes and NO. A veteran can legally work and maintain a 100% SC P & T rating if he/she has a combined rating or a sole rating of 100%. Example a heart condition.

A veteran CAN NOT legally work with a sole rating 100% SC P & T for any MENTAL HEALTH CONDITION.

The 100% mental health rating criteria precludes a veteran from receiving the 100% rating and working at the same time.

Edited by pete992