VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Questionnaire

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

I received a big package from Social Security today. It's titled Social Security disability determination. Anyone have advice/experience on filling this out. It's making me paranoid is this normal?

I was worried cause I saw somewhere that if you got the questionnaire that meant they were following you with a Private Eye. PTSD paranoia strikes again.

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience with SSA and SSDI was with the local SSA office clerks. One (the senior clerk) was very helpful, and, I have no doubt was

a significant part of approval without a big hassle and formal judicial appeal. When the approval for SSDI came through, and had a later date than

was possible under the law, the head clerk told me how to start a review that was administrative, and did not have to go through the

formal appeal process. A junior clerk tried to tell me that "you can't do that", and so forth. I had to mark the package for the head clerk,

get a receipt, and then make sure that the package actually got to where it needed to go.

That eventually resulted in a date that was very close to the maximum allowed by law, and back pay.

One of the more interesting areas to deal with on the application had to do with my employers. I worked under a series of government contracts

for whoever was awarded "this time". The duties were as described either by contract and/or as assigned by the government entity with the contract.

Whatever the clerk put down in the employer section worked, without identifying/listing each employer, just that the government was involved.

The best job title we could come up with was technical supervision (govt, DOD), and I did not see a specific job code for it.

(It pays to be nice to the clerk and interviewer!)

I think the usual is a first denial and possible approval at second consideration or all the way to court.

I just had a DIsability Exam for SSDI a week ago so I'm waiting. I'm at second phase currently and have been since July. I'm guessing I'll hear something back about December 1st or so. I've read the examiners have 10 business days to send results back to SSA.