Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso - Georgia Department Of Veterans Services - Warning!

Rate this question

elcamino_77us

Question

I know I found a negative post on here a couple of years ago about the Georgia Department of Veterans Services and may have added to that post.

I'm here to tell you that this group can't be counted on to represent you.

I'm in the process of switching my VSO to the DAV. The reps I've had through the Georgia Department of Veterans Services at the Atlanta Level are on the same level as those we're facing with the VA itself. SUB-PAR!!! I'm sure that there are those who do a good job and work hard, I've not been lucky enough to have one.

I've called the Georgia's Governor's Office Three time on advice from my local Senator's Office. It didn't make any kind of difference. The GA Dept of Veterans Services would call and promise to call me back in 24 hours and I'd never hear from them again.

James Beal at the Georgia's Governor's Office would like to hear from anybody that's had problems with the Georgia Department of Veterans Services. His number is (404) 656-1776. If your having problems or recently had problems with the Georgia Department of Veterans Services he needs to hear what we've been going through.

Bill

I found out when I went in to see the DVA that since I was in the Appeal Process, I was not allowed to switch my VSO. Apparently that's the VA's policy.

If anyone has any problems with the Georgia Department of Veterans Services, I suggest talking with a Georgia Representative.

Bill

What it takes is coming in here and learning about your own claim, not relying on the VSO's to do their job.

First, it's your claim, you lived it, you know it better than anyone except for God.

Secondly, the VSO's, even the good one don't know all of the rules and loopholes. This means that we are going to have to take ownership of our own claims and not do as I and a lot of others in her have possibly done in the past and relied on our VSO's to do their jobs correctly.

Third, my guess is that the VSO's are understaffed. Again this means we will have to come in here along with the BVA and Federal Court of Appeals and read, ask questions and study to hold the VA's feet to the fire and win what is rightfully ours in the first place.

Fourth, It also means that we also hold our VSO's accountable too like the Georgia Dept of VS.

Just my take,

Billy

Edited by elcamino_77us

UH Negative if your not happy revoke the power of attorney.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Elcomino-77us

I think it's great that you are drawing attention to the fact that you trusted a state agency to represent you and yet they fell down on the job. Others clearly need to know and be forewarned about what they can expect and then stay clear. Besides, those who represent you and are compensated for their efforts should know their craft because Vets are relying on them for actions that significantly affect Vets lives and futures. I had a similar situation and withdrew the POA from the agency that was representing me and failed to do much of anything except delay me and provide inaccurate information. The worst part is that they did not even know the basics of the VBA a disability system after advising veterans for years. I actually wonder how many vets have been given the wrong information that has hurt their cases and cost them large amounts of disability claims money? Frankly, this aspect of the claims system troubled me most because many of these so called "agency representatives" don't have any credentials whatsoever but freely give guidance as so called ? I do agree that we need to be our own best advocates but one does not know that at first when we are told to use one of these representatives and for a time we trust them until the truth comes out about their lack of abilities...but then it may be too late?

Edited by rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

I always worked my claim just me and my spouse and hadit members & the great info here on Hadit...''IF'' it got in a mess like at the BVA or got to complicated for us , I Would Hire an attorney, The Attorney from Battle Creek Michigan that was on Hadit radio podcast show recently. (Bob Walsh)

They didn't have the E-benefits when I worked my claim but I learned to get return sign receipts on everything I mailed the VA, & Make plenty of copies & keep a fairly good file and do research and learn the CFR's and read up on VA Law...and still it was hard but we prevailed .

I was luckly and thankful for the good folk's here on Hadit....

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!