VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opiates Cut Off After 7 Years?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure, but after checking with MyhealthyVet the VA in its wisdom may have cut me off my pain meds with no warning at all. I don't see anything regarding my oxycodone and Fentanyl at all. They are not even listed. If they have done this I will sue them I swear. If it is just the usual incompetence I am going to go find private pain doctor unless it is just a screw up because of getting new doctor. I will be in my congressman's office. Usually, it will show my pain meds and it will just list them as "No Refills" but it still lists them. This time they are not listed and when I check history it says expired. I know it is dangerous to just cut a guy off after so many years. I sent the doctor a secure email and I will call, but this stress is unnecessary. I really do think I will never go back if they did just cut me off for some dumb reason. I may go back and see what hell I can stir up but that's it. The VA has screwed up my delivery so many times in the past I don't know if it is just an accident or not.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I read recently where the VA is trying to cut opiates for veterans. I believe the DEA has something to do w/it, however I could be wrong. Go gettum John!!! This is such BS! They don't want us to get addicted during the final few yrs of our lives. jmo

pr

john999:

The PCP controls this and it's very important to communicated with them early on to ensure that if there is going to be a change in your meds that it's not a surprise and that you are aware of it before it happens? As we said before, some Vets don't manage their meds properly so the feds get involved. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you? It may just be an error or mistake on the system?

• HadIt.com Elder

My new doctor just "forgot" to refill my prescription so that I could get them by UPS at the usual time. Now after calls, secure email etc I can pick them up at the VA.. That is about a 40 mile hike. Because I hate going to the VA I try and get a lot done when I am there. I have to go to slip and fall clinic, labs, and pharmacy. This will take hours.

This is a small thing for them, but a big deal for me. My opiates are 8 days late.

• HadIt.com Elder

My hydrocodone has been cut. Everytime I ask nothing happens. I can survive with outside Doc prescribing Codine a poor substitute in my opinion. I am thinking of ditching VAMC for Medicare Advantage except use VA for medication.