VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Attack?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the VA today for regular visit. They did ECG on me. On the result it said I had inferior infarct. I never have had a heart attack that I know of. I think the VA has mixed up my records again. Once they told me I had a stroke which was untrue. I am going to go to a real cardiologist to get this thing checked. I don't really think there is anything wrong with my heart, but it there is I am going to get a new rating since I am RVN vet. The VA has come up with some really weird findings in the past. I trust them zero percent.

John

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

John, If you are diagnosed with Coronary Artery disease it is presumptive as per schedule with the rating based on your Ejection Fraction. People use the term mets.

Check the schedule for IHD or Cad.

J

John, anyone can have a 'silent' heart attack that would cause an inferior infarct ,revealed on a EKG due to some medical cause.

But it is unusual.

Diabetics ,however are far more prevalent to having this type of heart attack,due to their diabetes.

"I am going to go to a real cardiologist to get this thing checked."

GOOD. VA did a EKG minutes after my husband collapsed on his job at the VAMC. They sent him home with Sudafed saying he had a sinus infection.and gave him three days off work.There was no chest pain before he collapsed but when I looked up one word in the discharge cert, and looked up a few medical acronyms on the certificate, after I filed FTCA/1151, I KNEW they had malpracticed on him that day, and those errors set the stage for his untimely death.

They never told him the EKG results. If they had, I have no doubt he would still be here.

But this sure could be a wrong VA interpretation of the EKG.

John,

Berta has a good point about "silent heart attacks."

According to an article I just read, silent heart attacks have been associated with several medical issues including emotional stress, diabetes, smoking, etc. I know you have diabetes and you were really stressed about your neighbors a couple of days ago. Don't delay going to your cardiologist.

Also, silent heart attacks occur more often in the elderly.

Take care of yourself.

Over the last 6 years, I have been misdiagnosed so many times, and almost had a Hernea surgery once, and at the last minute the Doc wanted to do an testicular ultrasound and I ended up having Testicular surgery instead. Just be careful and wish you the best

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not let the VA fix an ingrown toenail, so no worries about me letting them cut me open. I had two surgeries in the last 6 months. I am sure the doctors did EKG's on me and I was cleared for surgery no problem. I was not on the cutting board for 8 hours but I was out with a breathing tube down my throat. The heart issue started when the VA did a CT scan on my left leg and found some calcification in the arteries. Since I have DMII I pushed the issue and filed for artery disease. Somehow that got classified as CAD down the road. Heart disease does run in my family so I let it ride, but I spoke to a cardiologist anyway. He said the tests the VA gave me were pretty useless and only the wire into the groin procedure could really tell if I had blockage. That has risks all its own so I declined.

John