Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Procedures

Rate this question

RAPIDFIRE

Question

I want to know where I can find the procedures that are supposed to be followed by C&P examiner for an exam. Called VA 800# to get this, all I got was some kid that sounded thug, completely arrogant and ignorant and acted like I was calling the Pentagon (typical), 30 min. on hold for that-so I have resorted here. These people at VA call centers act like veterans are some enemy to the nation-shot like me (who cares), paralyzed like me (who cares) etc.... nobody seems to care the sacrifices we all have made-its' a real shame. Can you even make a complaint against one of those employees? I am so tired of this and pissed I am literally shaking-what I would do to this kid. Afghan vet here. I do not think the examiner followed properly for a condition or else it should have been service connected.

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you disagree the a C&P exam the best thing to do is to get your own opinion from a doctor you choose. By the time you get the C&P exam you are usually just a short step from a rating. I was examined by a NPRN for my heart as secondary to DMII. She did not do an exam. She just made wild guesses about my condition. I knew I was going to get screwed. I got some real testing done and appealed the 0% rating I got. On appeal I got 60% due to exams I got and testing I got. I went from 30% to 70% TDIU P&T based on a couple of IME's. I also appealed a rating based on biased C&P exam. It went to the BVA and three years later I got another inept exam from the VA, but that is when I got my own IME's.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I am having the same issues for a couple of conditions, that I have had multiple C&Ps for and the Docs either wont look at my Evidence or not even reading the DBQs. What I do so I don't get locked up for years in the Appeals process, I just reopen the denied condition on a New FDC Claim. Good luck and keep us posted

Please put those calls on speakerphone and record them with your videocam or other means.

Post them online under anonymous name so the world can hear.

I like your idea! I hope everyone starts doing this.

Whole day yesterday was ruined, just wanted to $%^p this kids neck.

Rapid: Check your States Laws covering Recording Telephone conversations, when all parties aren't aware of the recording taking place, especially between individuals. Remember, you might be talking to someone in another state, be careful in advance. Different States, Different Laws.

As to your C&P Denial, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. It's time to go to school on the VA and get educated regarding NOD's, DRO Hearings and BVA Hearings. It appears this is your first claim and has recently been Denied, Right? What did the rater say in your Denial as to basis for the Denial? Did you get an actual copy of the completed C& P DBQ from your VAH Medical Record Department? I don't think they are available on your My Healthy Vet Site.

I had a great experience with the NOD DRO Hearing process this past 06/2014, all issues including IU awarded from 2 Nod's 2010 & 2012. Only problem, took 4 yrs from 1st NOD but 11 months of that was one me, procrastination. Your looking at give or take 2+ yrs for a DRO Hearing and upwards of 31/2+ yrs for a BVA Hearing. File your NOD now and get busy getting all your New & Material Evidence into your VARO. N&M Evidence could and should trigger an automatic VARO Review of you recent decision by a VA Senior Rater or actual DRO. You might actually get an award out of the review and that would be much sooner that your DRO Hearing Request.

Semper Fi

Gastone