Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Taking Away Benefits! Chapter35!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was awarded TDIU P&T back in 2003 with Chapter 35 for my spouse, she started using the VAMC for her Healthcare, she had triple by pass Heart surgery from the VA back in 2005 & it saved her life and she has been using the VA ever since.

She had Back surgery was being treated there (VAMC) for years and now the ChampVA says the VA has closed all specialty clinics to her wtf?

She can only use her PCP for general health & even tho Her PCP puts in request to these other clinics but today the clinic called and said she no longer can receive these benefits.

So I guess Chapter 35 no longer exsit? or the benefits don't exsit?

We Appreciate all the medical Help the VA has provided her in the last 12/13 years and now to be turned away eh!

Just makes me feel like I been degrading as a Veteran and my country has turn its Back on us.

so now were up a creek! eh!

Any other Veterans having this problem?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck52 - you keep throwing in the 10 yr thing but that's only on Chap 35, educational benefit, not the ChampVA.

If it were me I might have her apply for SSDI. She would have to wait until 2yrs passed to be eligible for Medicare but that's from the date they find her disabled. Depending on how much she earns she may still be able to work. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Philip

Maybe I am getting ChampVA and the VA confused?

if all chapter 35 is just for education benefits and not health care...but she can use the ChampVA in the private sector & pay the ductible we know that!

Why is the VA turning her away? don't VA...> Bill ChampVA?

We been trying to find private Dr's that accepts ChampVA And pay the 50.00$ Yearly &25% dedutible..but its hard to find private Dr's That will accept ChampVA... for her pre-medical conditions and the ones that do have a 6 month waiting period on current medical conditions.

So were looking into that and hopefully she can still use the VA pcp for her Meds...she probably takes combined 2000 $$ worth of meds or more monthly so the 6 months would kill us if we had to pay 100% on her meds.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Who, hoss! If your wife wants to trade her Champva card for my VA medical card, I will do it in a heartbeat! This means she can go to ANY doc...not get in a long line to try to see a VA doc. Champva pays for private care, VA medical pays for benefits at VA and, only in special circumstances, does it pay for private care. As already pointed out you have to live more than 40 miles away or not be able to get an appointment at VA or else you have to use VAMC substandard medical care. While not all agree VAMC is substandard, why can we not make that choice????

Sorry to hear of your issues bud. That is why my Wife uses my Tricare Insurance, cause those VA knuckle heads always come up with some new way to save them a few Bucks and Screw us to the End!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars