Rate this topic

silverdollar22

Check this out. This is what they said in my MRI:

At L2 L3 there is a

right paracentral and foraminal disc protrusion with extrusion

and mild superior migration, producing narrowing of the right

lateral recess and posterior displacement of the right L3 nerve

root. Protrusion contacts and produce mild displacement of the a

right L2 nerve root within the neural foramen.

Impression:

1. L2 L3 right paracentral and foraminal disc protrusion with

extrusion and mild superior migration, producing mild

displacement of the right L2 nerve within the neural foramen and

the right L3 nerve within the lateral recess. Please correlate

clinically for right L2 and/or L3 radiculopathies

Would'nt that be a diagnoses? Also does both knees at 10% mean that they are rated bi-lateral?

Congrats on the partial win, I am in the same boat with my Lower back. I hurt it multiple times in military and was just medically retired 2 years ago. The VA back Dr. referred me to local Back Doc for fee based treatment, yet the last denial stated no current diagnoses, WTH!!! Good luck and keep us posted

Just secure messaged my va doc and asked her if she would refer me to someone that could find out what is making the pain and numbness go down both my legs. Waiting to see what she replies back with. I guess this is a possible solution to this problem without going out of house(VA) to get a diagnoses.

My doctor at the va sent me this e-mail back today (you were referred to neurosurgery in past, you cancelled it, You have disc protusion, which could be cause of your leg pain & numbness, Are you interested in surgery, otherwise will refer for pain management) I told her that everyone for some reason or another has to at some time cancel an appointment. I told her that i needed a clinical diagnoses for my leg pain and numbness for the va to rate. I'll see what she comes back with i guess and then make plans for plan B.

Edited by silverdollar22

My doctor at the va sent me this e-mail back today (you were referred to neurosurgery in past, you cancelled it, You have disc protusion, which could be cause of your leg pain & numbness, Are you interested in surgery, otherwise will refer for pain management) I told her that everyone for some reason or another has to at some time cancel an appointment. I told her that i needed a clinical diagnoses for my leg pain and numbness for the va to rate. I'll see what she comes back with i guess and then make plans for plan B.

good luck with that. i have never had a va doctor agree to do an examination or render a comment know that its for a claim.

This is what my va doctor e-mailed back this afternoon (diagnosis will be lumbar radiculopathy.) Would this be considered a diagnoses? It's from her va secure message system!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use