Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bbe Came Yesterday!

Rate this topic

silverdollar22

Well within a week a decision was made on my claim after Ms Hickey got the ball rolling and 19 months of waiting. They awarded me an increase on my back from 10% to 20% and awarded me 10% service connection on my right knee in connection with my bad back and bad right knee. They deferred my memory loss and joint pains and degenerative arthritis left hip until my scheduled c&p's on the 28th of this month. They denied me service connection on my bilateral lower extremity lumbar radiculopathy because even though i have it in my mri that my L-2, L-3 nerve root is pinched as they put it (the medical evidence of record fails to show that this disability has been clinically diagnosed). What does that mean? I have claimed and complained about the pains i get going down both of my legs for years. It's in my med records. Can i get the doc that does my next c&p to diagnose it or what? I guess this is a win of sorts at least with my other knee but i was sure that they would see the evidence of the radiculopathy in my legs from my mri's. So all in all at this point in time, my percent went from 30% to 40% which is good but with the pain i have in my back and knees it sure does'nt reflect what i felt it should have been!! Anyway it's almost over. Thanks for the ear and support over these last several months.

Eric

Silverdollar,

I agree with jbasser. Get you a good solid IMO. Don't give up on the issues that were denied.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use